I hate rebuilding my screens

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by mike_kauble, Mar 25, 2010.

1. mike_kauble

mike_kauble Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I use Bugless Beast, and I use Bettercut to customize my screen icons.

Is there a way to cut and paste what I have on my screens so if I upgrade, I don't have to do it all over again?

I like the latest and greatest, and I like playing with my phone, but only to a point.

Also, has anyone noticed WiFi connection drop off with BB .8?

Thanks!

2. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I find titanium back up (only for rooted phones) works well. Just back up apps, data and system data. Then reinstall after you change roms. It also links your apps back to the market so it knows they are installed. I am using the premium version and find it the best out there for backing up and restoring as long as you are rooted.

I also use bettercut and abc folders and it restores my icons to their original place as long as I am using the same launcher. Meaning, it duplicates everything so if you are using Helix and then restore everything and choose helix launcher, it is identical to what you had. Now, you will have to reload some widgets but that is not a titanium issue, but rather the way widgets work.

#2 mjs31, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  3. mike_kauble

mike_kauble Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice. Thanks. I use Bettercut so hopefully that will work!

I'll check out Titanium too.

-Mike