I hate manuals - the GS4 is, sadly, no exception

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I wanted to see how to take a photo with voice commands.

From page 83 of the manual:

"• Guidelines: Display viewfinder guides to help composition when selecting subjects.
• Flash: Activate or deactivate the flash.
• Voice control: Set the camera to take photos with voice commands.
• Contextual filename: Set the camera to display contextual tags. Activate this to use Tag
Buddy in Gallery and Story Album.

Tells you all the wonderful things you can do but leaves out one important thing - HOW!

I can see it allows you to take a pic with voice control but how??? I enable it in the menu. I see a little microphone pop up on the right, and now what?? What do I say? I hate manuals.

GVLBob

Reaction score
I wanted to see how to take a photo with voice commands.

From page 83 of the manual:

"• Guidelines: Display viewfinder guides to help composition when selecting subjects.
• Flash: Activate or deactivate the flash.
• Voice control: Set the camera to take photos with voice commands.
• Contextual filename: Set the camera to display contextual tags. Activate this to use Tag
Buddy in Gallery and Story Album.

Tells you all the wonderful things you can do but leaves out one important thing - HOW!

I can see it allows you to take a pic with voice control but how??? I enable it in the menu. I see a little microphone pop up on the right, and now what?? What do I say? I hate manuals.

The commands are under Voice Control in the manual (page 30). "Camera: When enabled, say Smile, Cheese, Capture, and Shoot to take pictures."

I also found this on the web:

Samsung Galaxy S4: Control your camera with your voice

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Ah. Thanks so much. Don't know how I missed that. I tried it and it works but it seems you have to really speak a command loud for it to work. But it works. Thanks :)

KGreis

Reaction score
I never got a manual I think the lady forgot to put it back in the box

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ah. Thanks so much. Don't know how I missed that. I tried it and it works but it seems you have to really speak a command loud for it to work. But it works. Thanks :)

You have to speak loud unless you have "stealth mode" enabled.