I had a droid for 5 days.

beerpressure

Reaction score
Bought a used droid on ebay. Worked great and I loved it up until the touch screen just stopped working all together. I sent the phone back and got a refund but I really miss it.

Should I take a gamble and get another droid? I cant afford a full retail droid 2 or droid x. My discounted upgrade isnt until july 2011

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Are you running on a non-smart phone? If so, contact Verizon and ask about an early upgrade.

Another option is to get on a family plan and just pay for the extra line. ;)

OP
B

beerpressure

Reaction score
Are you running on a non-smart phone? If so, contact Verizon and ask about an early upgrade.

Another option is to get on a family plan and just pay for the extra line. ;)
Yes, a non smart phone. I will try calling verizon to ask but I bet they wont budge.

OP
B

beerpressure

Reaction score
Well I called verizon and the rep said that because of my $39.99/mo plan I cannot upgrade early. I did add on an unlimited text plan so it would make me eligible to get upgrade discount in december

Gremlin

Reaction score
Well I called verizon and the rep said that because of my $39.99/mo plan I cannot upgrade early. I did add on an unlimited text plan so it would make me eligible to get upgrade discount in december

Be patient for the upgrade discount... Supposedly new phone coming out than... So wait and see.... that is my 2 cents...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Be patient for the upgrade discount... Supposedly new phone coming out than... So wait and see.... that is my 2 cents...

I don't know, you might try another CSR if you really want it. I think one time it took me 3 calls and I got an early upgrade BUT I still had to pay above the lowest discount price and add a year on to my contract.

Being patient is probably the better idea for you.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd say wait too. Holiday season always brings out the "bargain" in retail businesses.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
And if that dual-core phone comes out then you could be holding more awesome in your hands than if you were picking up a box full of [insert awesome gadget here]. ;)