I got Unlimited Data back on one of my new lines!

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
They told me they can't give me discount on my data Plans without losing my wife's 4gb double data promo. made no sense to me, I have unlimited data on my line.

Gonna try again tomorrow.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

prowler85

Reaction score
Nice! $50.00 a month savings for a year = $600.00! Can't beat that. Too bad I'm on the 700 min per month plan or I'd be calling.

Tell me. Might even be $650 - not sure if it includes February or possibly March 2013. Can't believe they aren't advertising it more.

They told me they can't give me discount on my data Plans without losing my wife's 4gb double data promo. made no sense to me, I have unlimited data on my line.

Gonna try again tomorrow.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

Definitely. According to what he told me it is any line with a data plan. Didn't say it had to be unlimited or from a different deal. As far as I know, the only requirements are the 1400+ minute plan, and they take off $9.99 for each line with a data plan. The only requirement is it adds a year to the line, but nearly all of my lines were relatively new contracts and already had close to two years left so it didn't do anything. One line got extended by 1 month. Either way it didn't matter as I'm not about to switch carriers anyway.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I have the 1,400 min family plan and three lines with two smart phones and one dumb phone. I also renewed both the smart phone lines in the last 3 months so extending a year is no big deal. Hopefully I get it tomorrow, $20 is quarter tank of gas now days lol.

crashN2u

Reaction score
So what happens if you have more than a year? No discount double check?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd have to up minutes package, spend $20 to save $20...unless will also take off of $10 data plan on kids phone...

Only 2 of 6 phones have unlimited data with 1 having $10 plan.

Reaction score
So what happens if you have more than a year? No discount double check?

The discount will be taken off your account for 12 months so you have to have at least 12 months remaining. If you have more than 12 months, nothing changes except the amount you pay.

Sent from my XT912 using DroidForums

tbever

Reaction score
I called in to do this today. I have 1400 min family talk and unlimited text plan, Gnex, 3 iphones and one dumb phone. I was told the 9.99 discount was only for 3 G data plans so the gnex did not qualify, but the 3 iphones did so I will save 30/month for a year. She did say the gnex qualified for 9.99 discount for 2 months (huh?) so I got an extra 20.00. Saved $380.00 Way to go Droid Forums!! I spoke to the loyalty department.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Background: I have 4 lines. 1 smartphone with unlimited data. 2 smartphones that I upgraded to this past Christmas (no unlimited data) and a dumb phone. When I signed up the two new smartphones, I signed up to get the 4Gb for $30.

Story: So after reading about the two main topics here: $10 discount and unlimited upgrade, I called and was put in contact with the loyalty department. I was told that the 2 new smartphones are not eligible for the credit since I opted for the 4Gb deal and I cannot stack 2 promotions together. I was told that the unlimited smartphone was eligible for the $10 credit but that since I have an employee discount the $6.50 discount offsets the $10 so my actual discount is $3.50 (all numbers rounded). I then asked about getting the two lines upgraded to unlimited as was told no. I tried a couple of times and explained about the problems that I was having with my Bionic (different thread so I won't complain about that phone here). I was still told, albeit very politely, no.I plan on trying again soon to get unlimited. We'll see what happens.