I got the OTA!???

Scott0719

Reaction score
So I turned my phone off and I went to wipe it. I thought there was something in the options when you press the volume buttons and the power buttons but I decided to just reboot normally and doing it from the settings menu. I accidentally selected BP tools. The phone booted up and I saw the alert on the top. I didn't really read it lol cause I was just happy to see it and I clicked whatever it the option was it went away. Now I cant get it back!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So now it's not there? Did you try checking updates?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'd wager a large amount of money that wasn't the OTA. That was a notification letting you know to expect the OTA to arrive within a week. Several users have reported getting that notification in the last couple hours. It's the same one that went out to some users last week.

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
I'd wager a large amount of money that wasn't the OTA. That was a notification letting you know to expect the OTA to arrive within a week. Several users have reported getting that notification in the last couple hours. It's the same one that went out to some users last week.

I think your right. I did check for updates and it says up to date. I wish I actually read it lol. I just saw ICA 4.0 and got too excited I guess. Oh well. If anyone else gets the same thing i'm curious as to exactly what it says.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I think your right. I did check for updates and it says up to date. I wish I actually read it lol. I just saw ICA 4.0 and got too excited I guess. Oh well. If anyone else gets the same thing i'm curious as to exactly what it says.

Check the last few pages of this thread - ICS this week? - to see the users talking about it who received it today. It basically just says to that your phone will be updated to ICS within a week, and it lists a few features.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of the notification that went out Friday. The one going out today to other users is the same:

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Then afterwards you'll get another one prompting you to go and learn about ics features :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
Check the last few pages of this thread - ICS this week? - to see the users talking about it who received it today. It basically just says to that your phone will be updated to ICS within a week, and it lists a few features.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of the notification that went out Friday. The one going out today to other users is the same:

Yea that was it. Damn it. Thanks.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Dude, be happy.. that means you'll be getting it soon. I got that and then had it the next night... well actually it was pushed the next night, but I was in bed. So I got it Saturday :)
I'm not saying this will be the case for you... but I think you will have it soon.

Last edited:

m3incorp

Reaction score
When you are to get the update, you will see the software update available in the notification bar. This notification will stay there until you click on it, once you click it, it will begin the software download from there and you will be able to see the download status in the notification bar as it downloads, then it will automatically begin to install.

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Dude, be happy.. that means you'll be getting it soon. I got that and then had it the next night... well actually it was pushed the next night, but I was in bed. So I got it Saturday :)
I'm not saying this will be the case for you... but I think you will have it soon.

Thank you now I have hope :)