I got the Android 2.3.6 update and now my wallpaper does not move?

tekjock

Reaction score
I have the Droid Charge and I just the Android 2.3.6 update from Verizon and after the update when I move the desktop from side-to-side the wallpaper does not move it stays static. I have looked for the setting to allow it to move I just can not find it. Normally I use the app Wallpaper Set and Save and that will stretch any picture across all active screens. Is this an issue with 2.3.6 or am I missing something. thanks in advance for any assistance.

OP
T

tekjock

Reaction score
I have the Droid Charge and I just the Android 2.3.6 update from Verizon and after the update when I move the desktop from side-to-side the wallpaper does not move it stays static. I have looked for the setting to allow it to move I just can not find it. Normally I use the app Wallpaper Set and Save and that will stretch any picture across all active screens. Is this an issue with 2.3.6 or am I missing something. thanks in advance for any assistance.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Did you try resetting the wallpaper? Meaning confirming the wallpaper again?

edit: I noticed you made another thread about it, no need to double post.

Saxon

Reaction score
I have the same problem since update 2.3.6. Phone has never been rooted, and the wallpaper is now stationary in the background. This happened after the update and after I changed my wallpaper. It would only let me select a small portion of an image to use as the immobile background.

OP
T

tekjock

Reaction score
I got around this by using GO Launcher EX and side note .. my phone has never run faster. Since installing Go Launcher EX and GO apps, I love the way my phone works now. I like the fact that the icons at the bottom there are 3 screens of that, and there are some great free themes and some kewl apps that work with the Go Launcher EX.

wingsflyby99

Reaction score
this has happened to my phone over the weekend after a factory reset to give to my wife. None of the wallpapers fit properly now az they were for a wide scrolling screen. Any help is appreciated.