I got one for all of you!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Jim 777, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I haven't read about this one yet.
    When I plug in the USB I get the new full screen asking if I want to turn on the USB (I hate this as it pops up whether I want it or not) and when I connect, it takes forever. When it finally connects, all the widgets are the black "Problem loading widget" and all the apps (in the drawer or the shortcuts) say "App is not installed" when clicking on them.

Anyone have this happen? Fixes?

Other than that, the v0.3 has been running great until I realized that the little crap has been rebooting randomly and kind of often. So I'm trying different kernals.

Anyone know how to remove a kernal??? So it's just Pete's BB and the kernal it came with?

2. Smeech

Smeech Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You probably already checked this, but it SOUNDS like the programs in which you have widgets of are on your SD card.

Go to settings -> applications -> manage applications

then choose the app in which its widget is not loading, and if there is a button that says MOVE TO PHONE then click it.

Oh and you should be able to reflash BB v.3 with NO DATA WIPE (unless you feel like restoring) to get the kernal back on there... but there may be a even better way.. especially if the stock BB kernal is available somewhere.

#2 Smeech, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  3. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This isn't a fix, just a suggested workaround: I use a widget called "Dual Mount SD Widget" by Protocol X (the widget itself, on the widget select list, is "SD Share"). When you connect your USB and touch this widget, it mounts the SD card as a removable drive for you, while allowing you complete access to all the contents of your SD card from the Droid. So, for instance, you can be listening the MP3s from your SD card at the same time you're using your Windows file explorer for the SD card contents on your PC. You also don't have to use the pull-down screen and that awful full-screen mount thing to mount your SD card. My thinking is that an additional benefit for you is that you wouldn't see the weird results you're now seeing when you try to mount your SD card.

It's one of my favorite widgets ever!

As to the kernel -- I hope you did a backup with BB v0.3 before you loaded an alternate kernel. If so, you can restore that. If not, the only thing I know for you to do is reflash the ROM.

#3 GirLuvsDroid, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  4. seanzy13

seanzy13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its completely normal for the widgets to disappear if you have their app installed on the SD card. The easiest solution was listed in the first reply, just move those particular apps to your phone and you'll be fine. As to why the large screen is popping up on its own I have no idea. Mine doesn't pop up unless I choose to enable USB transfer via the notification screen. Yes it does take a bit more time to connect, assuming because it properly unmounts the SD card from the phone before allowing usb transfer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks for the replies.

So it's not all widgets, there aren't ANY apps on the SDcard, and this bites. I do not want to have to restart (to use the apps that appear as not installed) and drag in all the messed up widgets every time a connect to the computer. Especially when I can be pushing a modded APK and the terminal emulator app won't work.

More thoughts?

6. Fulle

Fulle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm starting to sound like a jerk repeating the same mantra over and over but... do you even have a reason to be using Apps2sd to begin with? I mean, do you have a freaking bajillion apps, and you're somehow running low on install space, or are you just installing to the sd card for giggles?

If it's for giggles... just turn apps2sd off, and move everything back onto the phone.

7. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    Back up the rom you have.

Do a complete wipe of cache and data and reinstall the same rom (not your backed up one.) Dont go and go crazy setting everything up again but do drop a couple of widgets into place, mount your card and see what happens.

You also could install any other rom that you think you might like if the problem persists.

See if it happens with that other rom. It doesn't happen to me and it sounds like it isn't happening to others. If the new rom doesn't have the issue try reinstalling your current rom if you want to stick with it still. If the problem comes back then you get to decide...live with it or switch.

8. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I hate to sound like a jerk, having to repeat myself, but did you even read my last post?
    Not a bad idea, I'll try that when I get back home.

9. seanzy13

seanzy13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If your not even using apps 2 SD then I have no idea why you would be getting this error. I would also suggest a complete wipe and reinstall to see if it cures your problems. Of course run a backup first incase this wasn't your problem and you need to restore.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Well I went to reinstall and wipe again and what do you know, Pete's got a v0.4 so I guess I'll try that since .3 isn't there. So far, as far as the USB issue goes, it's looking pretty good.

11. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Well, I was getting things set up and did my first back up with out a bunch of widgets and no added kernal.

I walked away after typing in the BU name and hitting OK. I came back and it seemed to be finished. I hit the power button and unlocked the screen. Next I used MM to lose the clock (which worked in .3) and when I rebooted, there's nothing but the M logo, not even apparent attempts to move on.

Won't boot in to recovery either. Any ideas?

12. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    well..... crap.

Based on what searches came up with, my only option was to turn on with the up D-pad pressed and download RSDlite and other things. That left me right where I was the day I brought the little bugger home.

2.1 is coming down now from Verizon. Then I need to remember where to find the info on rooting from 2.1 to.... ? Once rooted, I'll get ROM manager back on and restore to where I was about 2 hours ago.

Damn.

If I flash SPRecovery too, can it restore ROM Manager back ups???