I got my Droid today

Brick Taco

Reaction score
I got my Droid today. Is there anything special I need to know before I set it up? When I was researching new phones I remember coming across something about setting up a new Droid. It mentioned something about if not done correctly the device will have reoccurring problems. I just want to avoid some headaches. Any tips for setting up a new device?

OP
B

Brick Taco

Reaction score
also, do I need to get a screen protector? I'm pretty good about not dropping phones, but I don't want the screen to get scratched up in my pocket. I've use Invisishield on previous phones. Is that a must-have for the Droid?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Brick Taco! Your phone should be ready to go right out of the box, other than setting up any email accounts you may have. As to the Invisishield there is debate on that. I actually bought but have never used mine. Some say you don't need them with the Gorilla glass, others think they can't hurt. But it's all totally up to you.

And then there's the endless search for apps. Installing them, trying them out and then sometimes unistalling them. Read the threads and the stickies in the forum. You'll be truly amazed at what you can teach yourself. If you get stuck just let someone know.

Here's a thread to get you started;

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/19208-forget-top-5-list-all-your-apps.html

Enjoy your new toy!

OP
B

Brick Taco

Reaction score
So I've been getting messages from [email protected]

They apear as text messages, and the XXXX is just a string of letters and numbers like [email protected] The 936G part has been there both times though. Any thoughts on what is causing this? I think it's from a friend of mine, but they've been vague in their replies. Has anyone seen something like this before?