I got Google Voice working.

Elysian

Reaction score
I've been bothered by Google Voice not working since I got my Xoom on launch day, but have been using the web portal... Until now.

I loaded up my Droid, backed up Google Voice+settings with Titanium Backup, restored it on my Xoom and it came up without doing the setup, since it already had my account settings installed. It force closed the first time but I noticed an error in the notification area... Error was asking for permission to use that email address as my Google Voice account, I accepted, re-launched Google Voice and success, full app, working as it would on the phone. Gives notifications and everything.

Enjoy!

edit: Attaching screenshots

GoogleVoice1.png

GoogleVoice2.png

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been bothered by Google Voice not working since I got my Xoom on launch day, but have been using the web portal... Until now.

I loaded up my Droid, backed up Google Voice+settings with Titanium Backup, restored it on my Xoom and it came up without doing the setup, since it already had my account settings installed. It force closed the first time but I noticed an error in the notification area... Error was asking for permission to use that email address as my Google Voice account, I accepted, re-launched Google Voice and success, full app, working as it would on the phone. Gives notifications and everything.

Enjoy!

OK….but is it being charged to your Verizon phone account?

OP
E

Elysian

Reaction score

Enjoy!

OK….but is it being charged to your Verizon phone account?

Uh why would it? It's Google Voice. Hell, it still thinks it has the same phone number my Droid had when it has its own number now.

OP
E

Elysian

Reaction score
Still haven't gotten confirmation on xda or androidcentral that anyone else has been able to get this to work besides me :angry: If anyone does, please say something!

17akota

Reaction score
I tried everything i could thing of and i cant get it to work. i tried what someone over on your other thread on androidcentral too and still didnt work :(

Techsniffer

Reaction score
I'm assuming you have rooted your Xoom since you said you used Titanium Backup? And I think Hookbill asked a valid question, however maybe did not state it right.

17akota

Reaction score
I got it working using this from androidcentral from "tutomate." I just cahnged one thing from the OP.

Also Remove and reinstall EVERYTHING. TiBu, Google Voice, and MyBackup Pro. Also removed the folders where they save the backups at. TiBu saves in a folder called TitaniumBackup and MyBackup Pro saves in reware.

1. Made a backup of GV in MybackupPro (app+data)
2. Made a backup of "MyBackupPro" with TB (from my phone)
(After this you want to copy BOTH of the folders "rerware" and "TitaniumBackup" to your Xoom).
3. Restored MyBAckupPro from TB on Xoom
4. Restored GV from MybackupPro (make sure to hit DONE, not open, when the box comes up saying its installed)
5. I got an error saying something about that it could not find the market link, dont freak out yet.
6. hit ok, then it says to restart your phone to see your changes.
7. Restart your Xoom, google Voice should be there and open it.
8. you should see your indox, then OH DAMN, FC.
9. Hit Force close then look at your Notification bar. Should see something new.
10. Hit the icon and should ask you to allow the permissions. Allow them.
11. Open up Google Voice and say woot!.

Tell me if this helps anyone, or if anyone has problems. :)

Strothmann

Reaction score
TB doesn't see any of my zoom apps and i haven't even tired to do a restore from my X because of that. i assumed if TB wasn't seeing my apps how could it restore any. So i ask can you guys see your installed zoom apps?

17akota

Reaction score
TB doesn't see any of my zoom apps and i haven't even tired to do a restore from my X because of that. i assumed if TB wasn't seeing my apps how could it restore any. So i ask can you guys see your installed zoom apps?

mine shows Accounts, Application Widgets, Bluetooth Pairing, Country Language Time Zone, Wi-Fi Access Points, and my MyBackup Pro.

Strothmann

Reaction score
Well I have apps and none of them show. You just listed the data the zoom keeps about you. How is mybackupPro?

17akota

Reaction score
Well I have apps and none of them show. You just listed the data the zoom keeps about you. How is mybackupPro?

i have like 70 apps installed and thats what comes up when i open TiBu. and it works awesome on getting GV on my Xoom. haha