1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I got extended battery do I need task killer or battery saver mode

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by demiseend, Oct 21, 2010.

1. demiseend

demiseend New Member

Do I really need to have these still? And also do u have to break in. This battery as well

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  2. kechamb

kechamb New Member

Big no to task killer.
  3. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I still use juice defender but only because my reception at home sucks so bad. If I'm in good reception most of the day the jd makes little difference as I use it just so the phone won't look for non existent signal when not needed
    I noticed improvement on both the stock and extended battery after about a week and noticed they both charged a LOT faster after allowing them to die completely once. I've killed the extended one again just cuz and it didn't make any difference but the initial complete drain did

wified from my monolith using a slider keypad
  4. SID KELLY

SID KELLY New Member

No on task killers for sure!! I'm really impressed w/ my D2 and the extended battery-took off battery charger at about 9:00am on Sunday--was admitted to hospital Sunday afternoon, finally put back on charger at about 8:00pm on Monday and still had over 50% charge left. During that time period, I was constantly making Face Book updates, making/taking private phone calls on Sunday and business calls on Monday!!!!
  5. demiseend

demiseend New Member

sweet, so running my phone in performance mode with extended battery won't kill it in 4 hours anymore lol
Search tags for this page

do i need a battery saver

do i really need a battery saver app?