I got an issue

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SSHGuru, Nov 12, 2010.

1. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Well I had everything working fine using the old LithMod (except constant re-draws) and I decided to change up some things.

I installed the new lithmod that's in beta, it's fast and so far I like it. However once I did a few things happened.

1) It forgets I have Swiftkey and I have to re-enable it especially on re-boot.

2) All of my widgets periodically will stop running. Only a reboot will get them going.

So I thought what the heck I've heard good stuff about the Charity Black Glass ROM so I'll try that. Well the same exact issues persisted even though I had installed the new rom.

So I restored the new lithmod and I'm back to 1 and 2.

And I made another mistake - I uninstalled Google Voice. DOH. Now when someone calls me I get a standard "the google voice subscriber is not available" and it's not synching up the messages with the voice application. When it asks me to call the number it never goes through - I don't know if that's the problem but I was hoping this all would be resolved when I went back to lith .003 but it hasn't...

Help.

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    Are your widget apps on your sdcard? Widgets work best when they're on the phone's memory. And also, are you doing a data/cache wipe in between roms?

3. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I specifically don't put widgets on my sdcard although I realize I had swiftkey on there - don't know if it was an issue but I just moved it back.

What EXACTLY will happen if I do a data/cache wipe? I'm afraid of losing apps or scores on angry birds or email stuff.....

4. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Well, you will lose your angry birds scores, your apps should re-download, and your email should still be on googles servers and/or will redownload as well.

You should make sure you do a backup just in case and use either MyBackupPro or Titanium backup to backup all your apps as well, just in case some aren't restored via the market.

When you do the data/cache wipe and reboot your phone, you'll have to sign back into your google account, do all this while on WiFi. Once you sign back in, just set the phone down for a few minutes until you get a 'xxx applications restored' message in your notification bar.

good luck

5. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Yeah that's why I won't do that... don't want to go through all that stuff.

I just figured out when my widgets freeze if I just change the phone to landscape position and back they re-start so it could be a launcherpro issue...

6. BigZig

BigZig Member

Ratings:
    +5
  7. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    You can also download titanium backup or My backup in the market. They will back your apps and data, and you can restore them after a wipe.

8. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I don't want to wipe any data - not willing to take that risk. I have titanium backup but once again I spent too much time setting things up to take a risk.

I solved the Swiftkey problem by putting it back in memory.

As far as the other one I'll figure it out hopefully.

9. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    I did forget to mention that I use MyBackupPro to backup and restore my data, specifically, call logs, bookmarks, sms, and mms.

And to SSHGuru, if you aren't willing to do a data wipe in between rom installs, then I guess there's not much else we can suggest. I know, I was in your same boat, as I didn't like the idea. I think I still have some of the first calls still in my call log.

good luck

Search tags for this page
how to pair parrot v5.11c with droid razr

parrot 5.11c password