I got a rezound yesterday

Shankville75

Reaction score
Its Rezound or Drizzown!! (In my Snoop Dogg voice lol)

Sent from my DROIDX using my fingers

Last edited:

digitard

Reaction score
You ever see something about to happen and feel helpless to stop it? My feeling when I read that you are planning to trade your RAZR in for anything else.....yikes! You're already holding the phone to own! IMO....no disrespect meant.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

No worries. No disrespect received.

To a degree... I feel ya. The RAZR is a very nice phone, and compared to my previous Android experience it's WORLDS ahead.

The more I read, though, on the Rezound/Nexus releases (which I admit I hadn't previously as I was pretty much out of the Android scene for 9 months) the more I realized that I'm going to be limited in the long run. It just seems like the Rezound is going to get a lot more community support from the Dev scene than the RAZR, and being that I tend to gravitate away from the stock ROM's after a while it's something I really look at.

I'm going to give it a day or so before I actually make any jumps, but I'm leaning away from the RAZR due to the limited developer nature (due to the locks put in place), and while I loved the thing/large feel initially in just a few days I've started to dislike the large width of it. Could just be me getting used to it, but also could be that I'm less "struck" by it's awesome offerings and starting to look at things a bit different.

We'll see.

OP
orionsvantage

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Rezound > Razr.

Just Sayin'

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Ask me anything.

This phone is pretty sick!

OK

1. Are there any odd noises or audio drop outs?

2. What about 4G data dropouts?

3. Phone call quality?

4. Does it get hot?

5. Can you see the display outside?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
orionsvantage

orionsvantage

Reaction score
OK

1. Are there any odd noises or audio drop outs?

2. What about 4G data dropouts?

3. Phone call quality?

4. Does it get hot?

5. Can you see the display outside?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

No odd noises that I've experienced so far.

No data dropouts

Phone call quality is fair. It's not the greatest but defintely not the worst.

No hotter than other droids.

Outside display looks fine, slightly washed out in direct sunlight

wildride89

Reaction score
I have to admit I thought the beats audio was just a marketing ploy. But I was wrong. With the beats engaged the volume was boosted and the music was very clean. When the beats was shut off you could really tell a big difference in sound quality.

Is there a downloadable .apk for the beats audio yet?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just picked mine up... love it. I'm a bit partial to HTC mind you, but love it so far.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
how heavy is this phone? i cant find weight posted anywhere, i am presently using an OG Droid.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
how heavy is this phone? i cant find weight posted anywhere, i am presently using an OG Droid.

can't find it either, but it's hefty - feels solid, not overly heavy... in my opinion

OP
orionsvantage

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Lighter than the tbolt, heavier than the charge

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few points of interest to add:
  • Simultaneous voice/data is possible again over 3G only, like the Thunderbolt, and seems to work fine so far
  • Again like the Thunderbolt, you can get into the phone's deeper settings and switch the network settings from the (imo) problem-causing eHRPD back to good ol' evdo. Doing so will cause the 4G/3G handoff to be extremely slow, so if 4G is essential for you, I don't recommend this. But for me, reliability is tops, and knowing I have the option to do this on a day where I need to make sure I hold a data connection (especially when there's an LTE outage) is a big plus.
  • Earpiece volume and quality is excellent for me - at least so far on the few phone calls I've had. I had seen a few reviews say it was subpar, but for me in my area, it's easily as loud as, and more crisp than, the Bionic and Razr.
  • Something about HTC that's bothered me in the past was the feel of their power and volume buttons. They were either loose and wobbly, or too flush. They seemed to have remedied that somewhat on this phone. They use the same "rubbery" material for the buttons now, so that helps it feel more solid - though I'm sure some devices will be more loose than others. And at first I was worried they would be too flush, but they actually are built just right to where you can feel them just enough. Again, this will probably vary by device, but I'm not disappointed in the change, nonetheless.
  • Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to play with the Beats stuff yet, looking forward to that. The back external speaker sounds really good - haven't tested how loud it gets yet, though.
I'll throw myself into the mix with orionsvantage for q&a. I'm working all afternoon, but I sit at a desk for most of that and can occasionally tinker with the phone...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
On the screen.. my goodness this looks so much better than Motorola's recent efforts. Clear, crisp (obviously with 720p), and accurate... not washed out, not pixelated - very pleasing and easy to look at.

BUT... not near as easy to see outside as the Bionic (Razr was just ok outside), just like previous HTC screens.

So as someone said in another thread awhile back, screen technology is a give and take, pick your poison... most of my usage is indoors, so this is a pleasant change to say the least, from the Bionic/Razr. But already I've had to work at it once to see something as I was walking into my office in full sunlight.

bvjens31

Reaction score
HTC rooting?

So I apologize for being an HTC newb, my 2 prevoius Drois have been the OG and the D2G. I am more than likely going to pick up the Rezound today at Verizon, but I just had some questions first. I know that different phones require different methods of rooting, so does anyone know how HTC phones are rooted? I was particularly impressed with the z4root method on my D2G, does anyone think there will be something similar for the Rezound? The only reason I want root is for certain root apps like TiBa (to freeze bloat) and wifi tether. But since the rezound is shipping with Gingerbread, I'm assuming that the wifi tether will require an additional monthly charge from Verizon (one of the main reasons I have not upgraded my D2G to GB yet..free wifi tether is just tops!!!). Pretty excited about Beats audio though, but I'm also assuming that this is not enabled over Bluetooth? I have a Moto T505 in my car that I use to push my phone's mp3s over my car's radio.