I got a DROID...and regret it ..i think

jw626

Reaction score
Well while i was on my Motorcycle i believe my windows phone fell out somewhere on the highway...after searching couldn't find it. SO i had to get a new phone but i didn't want to pay full price for a new phone.

Low and behold the Motorola Atrix was on sale and really cheap and i could utilize my smartphone plan i had.So i got it.

Now im stuck with this phone that has spam all the time just randomly on the phone to download this or download that, Then when i do download something i cant take it off unless i go back into marketplace and search for the exact program i installed in order to uninstall it.

The battery maybe lasts 5 hours under normal usage, and in my toolbar/notification bar stuff is stuck and wont clear.

I believe i made a huge mistake, and shouldve just bought another windows phone. I know it takes time jumping from one OS to another but this phone is ridiculous, I had to download an APP in order to send text messages?!?! this is really really dumb..

If anyone knows of anyway to make this phone better please LET me know

ambrown

Reaction score
Well first off you don't need to download an app to send texts, there should be a native app on the phone. Just pull up the application list and look for messages.

Being honest, there is a learning curve with any Android phone and you need to be patient till you figure it out. Forums are a good place to look but there are online resources and a user's manual that do a good job of putting you on your feet.

For the really tricky stuff forums have a good user base and lots of people who have had similar issues. The manufacturer website, and forum are also helpful sometimes (in your case Motorola with the Atrix).

Lastly, I love the freedom and customization I get with my Android phone. I prefer HTC to Motorola phones because I don't like motoblur (Motorola's custom skin for Android). But ultimately some people just aren't Android people plain and simple. If its so unbearable for you maybe you should go back to WinPhone7 and stick with what you know.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.2 using the DroidForums app

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. did u purchase ur device from the store or an individual? when u say spam, is it from an email? u shouldn't see spam coming from the market at all

ALOHA from Hawaii

xrp861

Reaction score
Hit up xda and root and tom that bad boy. That device just like all MOTO androids are cursed with MOTO blur...it sux the life out of the phone and makes it laggy!

JRParsons

Reaction score
I also switched from a WM 6.5 device to a thunderbolt, for the first few days I hated it. It had about a 4 to 5 day learning curve for me, but I was messing around with it for a few hours every night. There are some serious deficencies in the Android operating system, that WM does not have. But the upsides of android far outweigh them, and most of the deficencies have some type of workaround. Now six months later, I wouldn't think of going back to Win Mobile, although to be fair, I haven't used phone 7.

There are a ton of adds on android that I wasn't used to on WM, but I guess if you want free apps, the developers have to get paid somehow. If I remember correctly there were very few free or. 99 cent apps on WM.

I would give it 13 days and if you still don't like it bring it back. Do not go over 14 days or you are stuck with it.

Sent from my Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Tegamal

Reaction score
I read these forums for a couple months before getting my Droid 1 shortly after it's release, & even though it helped, there was still a learning curve.

Give it a chance, I can't imagine using a phone that isn't an Android. I've actually converted 5 guys at work to switch from BB & iPhone to Android after showing them what I could do with mine.

Namrepus221

Reaction score
in the market, if you press the settings button you should be able to select "my apps" and find everything you've installed. Or you can go into the settings from the home screen then "applications" and you can find a list of what is on your phone and you can uninstall from there.

If your notification bar is full, pull it down and press clear.

And as a few others have said. Root it and throw on a custom rom. Cyanogenmod being a popular one