I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ataranine

Reaction score
Just got the shipping info on my 4th replacement Droid.. gonna be 1lb and gonna get here on the 7th. Awesome.
Not only am I getting another half-working Droid 1, I get to wait almost a week.

Syraz

Reaction score
you never know until you open the box, the weight thing is not reliable, since my box was at 1lb and it was a d2.

wait and see.

Just got the shipping info on my 4th replacement Droid.. gonna be 1lb and gonna get here on the 7th. Awesome.
Not only am I getting another half-working Droid 1, I get to wait almost a week.

Ataranine

Reaction score
you never know until you open the box, the weight thing is not reliable, since my box was at 1lb and it was a d2.

wait and see.

Guess I will wait until I have the box in my hands.. I'll be able to tell before I even open it.

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Looks like the re-uped on the d1s and that's what we're all getting

Syraz

Reaction score
Yeah, I got the box and notice it felt way different then last replacement, more weight in one corner, instead of being all around light where the refurbished in attached to carboard in middle of box..

wait and see.

Guess I will wait until I have the box in my hands.. I'll be able to tell before I even open it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's what you should get. I can't believe the amount of entitlement I see. Your Droid has a one year warranty. All you should get is another Droid.

Ataranine

Reaction score
Yup. Underneath the battery on my like-new Droid, it says 35/10, which means it was made sometime in August or later, I believe.

It's what you should get. I can't believe the amount of entitlement I see. Your Droid has a one year warranty. All you should get is another Droid.
Not when you're going on your 5th one, bud. I pay Verizon way too much money to be treated this way.

yahwarrior

Reaction score
Verizon should give EVERYBODY who bought an droid 1 a early upgrade for the simple fact that the droid 1 was a beta device and the droid 2 is the final product! That's why the bootloader is unlocked on the droid 1 and wont be on the droid 2. They let the development community improve the device (for free) then try to sell us the droid 2 as a "new" device when it's just a overclocked Droid 1.

Castro

Reaction score
I called in yesterday, received replacement today...refurbished OG Droid lol

Ataranine

Reaction score
Guess I'm stuck getting an endless amount of half-assed Droids. They either have crooked, loose sliders, nasty purple hue over the capacitive buttons, horrible vibration functions, or peeling plastic on the keyboard. But Verizon will keep sending me them. Can't wait to see this next one..
It's cool.. "Hell yeah, I know he pays 300+ bucks a month per bill, and paid 300 bucks for the Droid, and pays 10+ bucks a month for insurance, but let's keep sending him crappy Droid 1s that are worse than the Droid he's getting replaced. He doesn't mind."

frodroid

Reaction score
Fedex arrived with my replacement Droid 1, and the refurb looks nice better than my broken D1 paper weight. No Droid 2 this way. Came from Ft. Worth. 1 Lb. Good luck to everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.