I give up, am defeated.. TB died, need to forward sms calls? How? Please help ? ::(((

shedroid

Reaction score
Ok, new battery did not help.

Don't have money to pay this guy $250 to fix phone when I could buy TB for that price .. so in meantime I need to forward my sms and calls

Is there anyway to do this without having access to MY phone. I mean, I have it.. just screen is black.

please help me :( I am stupid and all my info is on that phone .... nothing backed up anywhere :((((((

OP
shedroid

shedroid

Reaction score
I need advice PLEASE, this is just weird! It works again!

Ok, new battery did not help.

Don't have money to pay this guy $250 to fix phone when I could buy TB for that price .. so in meantime I need to forward my sms and calls

Is there anyway to do this without having access to MY phone. I mean, I have it.. just screen is black.

please help me :( I am stupid and all my info is on that phone .... nothing backed up anywhere :((((((

I picked up my phone dead phone ... thought "What the heck" and pressed power button ...

IT WORKS AGAIN !!!!!!!!

Last time I got it to work, as you guys know the next time it had black screen AGAIN .. I have deleted almost all apps from phone. I am installing an sms/call forward on the darn thing .. but what is going on? Why does it work then not work?

It doesn't heat when I charge anymore. I don't get it and VZW "Honestly have no clue ma'am" ...so

I am counting on you most brilliant droid forums members .. please help me figure out what is going on lol

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK, for forwarding your calls and texts, just call vzw and have them set the number to do so. I do this all the time when I'm at gigs.

As for the TB shutting down and not coming on.... have you tried saying please?? Lol... I'm kidding.

I would suggest trying a battery pull when it does this. That's all I've got for now, gotta research this..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
shedroid

shedroid

Reaction score
I picked up my phone dead phone ... thought "What the heck" and pressed power button ...

IT WORKS AGAIN !!!!!!!!

Last time I got it to work, as you guys know the next time it had black screen AGAIN .. I have deleted almost all apps from phone. I am installing an sms/call forward on the darn thing .. but what is going on? Why does it work then not work?

It doesn't heat when I charge anymore. I don't get it and VZW "Honestly have no clue ma'am" ...so

I am counting on you most brilliant droid forums members .. please help me figure out what is going on lol

Your most awesome for replying .. thank you.

I did battery pull, I did dance with battery, said please, and even promised never to upgrade to a phone that WORKS .. still no go.

The phone works, everything works just fine except I have a black screen. You see nothing. Sound works, everything works. Right now I am getting anything I want off of it and deleting everything. I will probably factory reset just to be safe.

Possibilities I have come up with

1)Not so nice CPR (phone repair place) did not do a great job on replacing screen second time (your not supposed to be able to move the screen right ? ..omg)
2)I have got something on there running which is heating up phone ..the thermo detector that was recommended by someone here told me phone was hot . but that seems to have stopped ... so app maybe? that I deleted?
3)my phone is possessed and has decided to try and make me go nuts .. and it is working. I have researched for hours! (See time of first post, then time of this post ...yes, have been staring at laptop screen looking for answers) .. I am decent when it comes to phones, people bring me their phones to fix ...

but I am stumped with this :(

Just to be clear, the phone turns on and turns off just fine .. (even though screen is black, I remember where "power off" is and remember to swipe lock first lol) only issue is the screen is black ...can't see nuffin :(

Last time this problem repeated I let phone nearly die ... so this time I am keeping charged ... I am scared to turn it off though fearing screen won't work when I turn it on.

I have app on phone now that forwards everything .. and can be remotely triggered. Still getting few things off that weren't on SD card (which I took out and now am scared to shut down phone to put back in lol)

The screen is possessed I am telling you....it overheard me talking about getting the Bionic or Razr I am sure :(

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How long ago did you have the screen replaced?? Did they provide a warranty? They should've. And you should look into that. Your device is no different than your car/suv/truck. If you have someone work on it, they should stand behind it.

Call them, tell them the screen is having issues. Idk what time frame we're dealing with here, but a screen is not an item that should just STOP working.

Does the TB have a micro HDMI like moto droids do? If so I would consider getting an HDMI to micro HDMI cable off of amazon, 5-10$ just in case this happens again. Mirror mode is very useful to me anyways.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
As far as it being possessed... lol, I know how that goes.. my old bb storm was that way, all 13 of em roflol

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

IT WORKS AGAIN !!!!!!!!

Love the sig!!

OP
shedroid

shedroid

Reaction score
TB hates me and VZW is not my bff anymore anyhoo!

How long ago did you have the screen replaced?? Did they provide a warranty? They should've. And you should look into that. Your device is no different than your car/suv/truck. If you have someone work on it, they should stand behind it.

Call them, tell them the screen is having issues. Idk what time frame we're dealing with here, but a screen is not an item that should just STOP working.

Does the TB have a micro HDMI like moto droids do? If so I would consider getting an HDMI to micro HDMI cable off of amazon, 5-10$ just in case this happens again. Mirror mode is very useful to me anyways.

I had it replace a month and one week before this all happened, replaced the second time a month ago. I had sent an email to the main office after I got it "fixed" the first time. The screen had lines in it, it was impossible to type on it, and there was a huge gape between screen and phone casing. So much that I could easily put a few business cards between case and screen and have room to spare. I sent email simply stating I don't ever complain but I thought this was horrible service all the way around. I live in SA Texas and there was only a few places that even could work on my phone. I drove well out of my way so that I could go to this CPR store as they had the best reviews out of the two. They fixed it, I had horrible issues and then the screen SHATTERED (I mean shattered) only a week later..was told by the guy at the repair shop they wouldn't fix it again unless I paid again ...I said it was under warranty and was told it was my fault ..(women keep so much in their purses and bang their purses on their hips so things break easy...SERIOUSLY??) Anyhoo ..I sent email and just said that I wasn't the type to blast anyone on yahoo local or google but these guys seriously needed to be spoken to. To my surprise the regional store director called me. After few emails back and forth and pics sent of phone he arranged for my phone to be fixed under warranty.

I refuse to call the guys at the store directly as they are rude and I don't trust them. So, I emailed the store director guy about my latest problems and no response. After two attempts I am thinking he doesn't want to hear from me. I will have to take it down to the store but gonna have to take a guy friend (which is just wrong in my opinion) .. not sure I even trust them with it though. But I don't have the money to keep replacing screens and NOW

Verizon hates me because I am one of those grandfathered into an unlimited data package. If I upgrade to a new 4g phone (even though I am already on 4g) I was told I would be put on a pay plan! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So right now my only option is paying full price for a new phone or letting meanie heads take another swing at it ..assuming they agree to fix it again anyway.

I have the hdmi cable .. how do I do mirror mode??

OP
shedroid

shedroid

Reaction score
Love the sig!!

Thank you! I was speaking to a Sprint rep the other day as I am considering making the move due to data plan issues and he was trying to talk me into an Iphone. I told him my first android phone could do more at that time even then his newest and greatest Iphone can NOW ... lol

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
San Antonio TX? I'm in TX too lol. As far as them telling you that you would go to a tiered plan if you upgrade.. not so. At least until the 28th of this month. So if your gonna upgrade, I'd try to do it before then :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well on a moto if you hook up the device to an HDMI TV, it will give you the option of mirror mode, but your screen has to work to engage it, if an HTC will even do it.. sad to say :(