I gave up on the extra screen apps

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by SSHGuru, Jan 7, 2010.

1. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I completely gave up on Home ++ and Launcher2, etc...

I now am using three screens which is tight but the speed is fantastic - I don't recall ever being this fast.

Soon I'll have 5 screens again when they update and have the speed also...

Also when they update I won't have to re-do all my stuff!
  2. aosman

aosman New Member

For me the speed hit is negligible. I am using Home++ and the overhead seems to be very small and more than offsets the added benefits of the extra screens and functionality.
  3. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Try going back to the regular Home - go to the Home ++ icon and hold it down and it will let you switch back and forth. Or download Home Switcher.

I have to tell you it's at least 5 to 10 times as fast.
  4. dylanthecat

dylanthecat New Member

I agree with SSH.
  5. Guchi

Guchi New Member

i bagged home++ also every time i would try to show off my phone it would lag or force close
  6. GiantDroid

GiantDroid New Member

I just found Home++ and have been impressed with it. Will the upgrade to 2.1 add extra screens to the default Home app? If so, I'll be happy to stay with the default and not get too attached to Home++. I do like the power bar at the bottom of the screen. Is there a widget or something you can use with the default Home screen that would replicate this?
  7. techguru

techguru Member

I am getting close tot he same decision. I bought GDE, and I like it, and the speed is good, but it keeps force closing when I leave an app that changes the orientation (including the home and car docks). Tried Panda out, and it would force close but not recover, and I had to reboot. Once needed a battery pull to get the phone to boot properly. Uninstalled it.

Now trying Home++ and it is much more stable, but is often slow to go back to the home screen from applications, but I like the "power drawer" functions, so I am going to give it a few more days at least.

Alan
  8. rawburt

rawburt New Member

I think alot of people are starting to do this. I loved home++ but the lag and forcecloses every once and awhile finally annoyed me so I uninstalled. eagerly waiting 2.1
  9. xliderider

xliderider New Member

I could get by easily using the native Home app's 3 screens, but I like the power bar at the bottom of Home++.

I have given up on myLock to bypass the lock screen, but I'm more reluctant to give up Home++ and the power bar.

I agree that if he developer made an app that just added the power bar function to the native home screen, that would be great.
  10. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict Premium Member

The main thing I like with my home replacements isn't the extra screens, but with panda, it's the side drawers that are there no matter which screen I'm on... some sort of persistant launcher that is always there no matter what screen you're on would be what I'd want if I went back to the default screens.
  11. broosewee

broosewee New Member

Stock --> Home++ --> Launcher+ --> Stock

The performance hit seems negligible, but it is smoother without the extra overhead.
  12. authority11

authority11 New Member

LOL. What does this even mean, dude? Insane exaggeration. I switch between Home++ and stock and the difference is incredibly small. The only thing that's annoying me about home++ right now is that I get this flicker flash right below the power bar when the little bar at the bottom (that indicates which home screen you are on) fades out.