I gave up on GS III

RiceCake2000

Reaction score
I'm starting to think the JB update is being held back until Verizon can keep it from being rooted. It's like having my old DROID X again.

gottcha

Reaction score
I just read an article last night about apple starting another law suit because of Jelly Bean. Wounder if that's what's holding it up.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just read an article last night about apple starting another law suit because of Jelly Bean. Wounder if that's what's holding it up.
Please say it's not true.If it's true,Im gonna be real mad,so mad,Im gonna buy an Iphone just to make Apple mad.:blink:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I went back to my Razr Maxx last night because I just can't tolerate the lack of signal in my house. I knew going into it that I'd probably have problems, since every other phone and carrier has had issues (except Motorola), but I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt. But I suddenly began getting failed text messages, 0-1 bars of service, and terrible wifi connection. Not to mention I was almost always on 3g instead of LTE (when the Maxx rarely ever switched to 3g). I gave it 3.5 weeks. I'm kind of sad, because it is such a nice phone, and it does have all the bells and whistles. But I just couldn't tolerate the negatives any longer. Now I just need to sell the darn thing.

gottcha

Reaction score
I went back to my Razr Maxx last night because I just can't tolerate the lack of signal in my house. I knew going into it that I'd probably have problems, since every other phone and carrier has had issues (except Motorola), but I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt. But I suddenly began getting failed text messages, 0-1 bars of service, and terrible wifi connection. Not to mention I was almost always on 3g instead of LTE (when the Maxx rarely ever switched to 3g). I gave it 3.5 weeks. I'm kind of sad, because it is such a nice phone, and it does have all the bells and whistles. But I just couldn't tolerate the negatives any longer. Now I just need to sell the darn thing.

That's not what I'm experiencing. My gets a great signal it just can't switch between 3G and 4G.

RiceCake2000

Reaction score
gottcha said:

The lawsuit is against the Galaxy Nexus because it runs JB. They are also filing one against Samsung because their phones and tablets are compatible with a stylus. (complete malarkey if you ask me),

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
gottcha said:
Do you have or live in a strong 4G signal area? Can your S3 switch between 4G to 3G. With out a problem?

Yes I live in a strong 4g area....and it switches through 3g and 4g perfectly all the time .....

gottcha

Reaction score
Mine switches ok abot 10 percent of the time. Other wise I get this "no sim" error
And it some time will pick back up the signal and some times not. When it doesn't I have to restart the phone or do a battery pull. I thought it was a software issue since I already exchanged phones and sim card but now I'm leaning towards its just a defective phone........ If I leave it on 3G I'm fine and have no issues at all.(like my DROID X) its only when it can get both 3G and 4G the phone can't choose and craps out. Which is unacceptable of a top of the line phone. (especially when others on the same service provider don't have the issue)

gottcha

Reaction score
Just an update: the S3 is a great small tablet but as a phone it sucks. And it has nothing to do with being in a poor signal area. I dropped a total of 7 calls in just over a week.
I now own the Razor HD

applefan

Reaction score
I have to agree with music life, I used to work for US Cellular as a data tech and to put it lightly, they suck! Their in the mid-west and east coast for a reason. I used to work for them when the samsung mesmerize or however you spell it first came out. haha. good luck brotha..

TDevilsG

Reaction score
It's too bad this phone didn't work out for you. I've had it for a little over a week and have been very impressed with it so far. I do have a little concern with the signal as it never seems to get beyond two bars but rarely do I have no signal at all, so I'm not too concerned. Got the hyperion battery from amazon too and I've been going to bed with about fifty percent battery left, which is nice. Hopefully the battery holds up and the signal issue gets fixed with Verizon with jelly bean

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

marleyinoc

Reaction score
The software update fixed the no Sim issue on my fiancé's gs3. The radio isn't as good as my bionic but it's been fine since update even at our house which is a little sketchy signal wide for all our phones.

~Bionic .246 w/ SS3

debrad0307

Reaction score
I don't understand how a company like US Cellular can blame signal issues on the S3. That is madness. I'm with Verizon and I NEVER have signal issues. I did have the "no SIM" issue but the most recent update fixed that. The only issue I'm facing at the moment is my home screen freezing and touchwiz force closing. As for the Jelly Bean update.. I'm not in a hurry. I've played around with Jelly Bean and I'm not impressed. It's almost identical to ICS. I wish Google would bring out an OS that was worth updating to. I highly doubt Apple is filing a law suit for Jelly Bean. There is nothing to sue over. I don't think the delay on JB has anything to do with that. The carriers are the ones who delay the release. There is a lot of tweaking and testing that was to be done before they can push the update. Verizon is looking to put JB on like 6 different devices. That is a lot of work to make sure that the update will work on every device. But for those who are eager to update.. just wait for a minute. It will come your way eventually.

.:Sent from my S3:.