I gave in!

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So with the Verizon leap year sale I ordered the Maxx. I am a bit giddy. I do have a question. I have a rooted phone but at this point I don't plan to root the maxx at least not for a while. Is there away to get a back up of app data with out rooting? I don't mind redownloading the apps but would love to not lose all my data.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i don think there is . i think your going to need root.

OP
weatherlover1

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I was afraid you where going to say that. Not sure I want to root right away with it being such a new phone.. Will have to ponder the pros and cons.

sierra513

Reaction score
I just took advantage of the same deal! But, its backordered till March 15, so I still have to wait. But... my upgrade date was March 15, and they moved it so I could take advantage of this deal, which made me :biggrin:

Someone please tell me I can tether with the Maxx without rooting! (I am currently using Easy Tether, hoping it will work with the Maxx!)

Anyway.. the next two weeks are gonna be long......

OP
weatherlover1

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes you should be able to use easy tether with out rooting I did with my droid X(I just got my Charge two weeks ago from my brother not loving it) with no problems. Yeah I see its not going to ship for a little while but the price was very good and then selling my charge should make it a good deal for sure. Sounds like its a great phone! :) But your right the next two weeks are going to be long...;)

sierra513

Reaction score
I am coming from an X too. I love it and was going to wait awhile... but I couldnt pass on this deal! But geez.... the taxes were $47!! grrrrr...Oh well. :)

Glad to hear the tethering will still work!

I also dont plan on rooting, at least for awhile. If its as good as I keep seeing everyone say... Not sure I will even bother rooting.

Cant wait! :)

OP
weatherlover1

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
the taxes were $47!! grrrrr...Oh well. :)

47??!! Yikes mine was only 12 dollars. I like rooting for the backup I love Titanium but this is such a new phone I worry I could mess up the rooting and then I am stuck. I will not lose that much stuff so I will probably back up the apps that let me and start fresh. I am very excited! :p Had I known they where going to have this sale I would have kept my Droid X just a little longer.

x25064

Reaction score
I am coming from an X too. I love it and was going to wait awhile... but I couldnt pass on this deal! But geez.... the taxes were $47!! grrrrr...Oh well. :)

Glad to hear the tethering will still work!

I also dont plan on rooting, at least for awhile. If its as good as I keep seeing everyone say... Not sure I will even bother rooting.

$47? You must be from NY too.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just took advantage of the same deal! But, its backordered till March 15, so I still have to wait. But... my upgrade date was March 15, and they moved it so I could take advantage of this deal, which made me :biggrin:

Someone please tell me I can tether with the Maxx without rooting! (I am currently using Easy Tether, hoping it will work with the Maxx!)

Foxfi tethers wirelessly without root.

sierra513

Reaction score
I'm actually back on the phone with Verizon to verify the tax rate. They are telling me that the tax is on the retail price, not what I paid! (retail is $649.99 according to Verizon) Ummm.... I'm not happy about that. I am in Nevada and they say its a Nevada thing.

I dont get it.

SallyC

Reaction score
So with the Verizon leap year sale I ordered the Maxx. I am a bit giddy. I do have a question. I have a rooted phone but at this point I don't plan to root the maxx at least not for a while. Is there away to get a back up of app data with out rooting? I don't mind redownloading the apps but would love to not lose all my data.

My Backup Pro will backup your applications, data and photos to a SD card. No root required.

OP
weatherlover1

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My Backup Pro will backup your applications, data and photos to a SD card. No root required.

It will back up the data as well? I was reading it at the market and it says if its rooted it will back up data but its not clear if its not rooted. Thanks for the info!

mleber

Reaction score

I didn't have a rooted phone but can you download an app from the market called Listables? Not sure if this is your issue but listables does a back up of all of your apps and you can email it to yourself. Once you get the new phone you go to your mail and can open up each app in the market right from the phone. It's helped me out a few times since I had some RAZR issues and had a few phones shipped to me. Not sure if you mean something other than apps, if so, never mind! :blink:

mleber

Reaction score

FoxFi provides a wireless hotspot. Search the forum, people are talking about that and it seems to be working. However, nobody has seen their monthly bill yet to see if Verizon somehow activates hot spot on your plan but doesn't sound like it. You don't activate the embedded hotspot, you activate it from the Foxfi app.

bimmerbill

Reaction score
I just got my Maxx at the verizon store last Thursday. I may return it and order it online to save the $100. Do you think the store would credit me the difference?