I FREAKIN Love this thing!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by lovelyhistorymom, Mar 25, 2010.

1. lovelyhistorymom

lovelyhistorymom New Member

Hi. My name is Jenn. And I have a problem.
    I'm a former Crackberry addict but I acknowledge it and I can change.

I was loathe to give it up, but I was at the store last night and playing with it. I was on the verge of going with the Storm 2. But the sales rep was convincing, and persistent, and I went with the Droid.

Got my Droid last night. HOLY CRAP with a side of GREENS this thing is awesome. The apps are fantastic. I don't care that Iphone has like a billion. I don't need a billion. The ones available are fine and more and more are coming out on a daily...no...hourly basis.

The multi-tasking rocks (blackberries can't multi-task...ever).

Thank you for being a part of my recovery process. I think this is going to be the easiest withdrawal period ever.

Yep. Withdrawal over. Must droid dose now.
  2. LuN3yDaV3

LuN3yDaV3 New Member

Welcome! We have many others here that share your same "addiction." You have just broken the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what you can do with the Droid. Read on here in the forums....
  3. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Hi Jenn, welcome to the forums. Great to have you here.

I too was a BB fan but have since converted to the awesome platform known as Android.

The Droid is a phenominal piece of tech that I'm very pleased with. Have not and will not look back. Moto Droid will be my device of choice for the years to come.

I came over from the Tour. What about you?
  4. lovelyhistorymom

I'm a former Curve-ist. (8310) I really liked it...it was just time for contract renewal. I hadn't really gone out seeking to replace my Curve. There was nothing wrong with it but contract renewal means upgrade so there I was. I'm so super glad I moved.

And yeah, I know I've only scratched the surface...I'm super pumped to find out all about it.

I do feel all tech-savvy that I now know what rooting means. I don't intend to do it cuz I'm too big a chicken. But it's good to hold that knowledge in the back of my head...for later...when I'm bored.
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Interesting because my wife has had a Curve and now unfortunately she's been downsized so her phone will be leaving her next month. She is looking at the Droid.
  6. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

I...have...not...put...mine...down....since...Nov 7th..........except to sleep.
  7. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

I owned the Curve 8330 before my Tour..

But yeah I freaking love the Droid : )

So it's official. This is your new home : )

We have some VERY cool women/girls on the site so you will fit right in with them.

Enjoy your stay.
  8. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

Welcome to the forums! :icon_ banana:

Im glad you like your new droid. Although now i think you are going to develop an Android device addiction lol :icon_ devil:
  9. SilentJay

SilentJay New Member

welcome! When I first started I posted here and some replied and told me to check out screebl, so I am returning the favor. It is the most useful screen manager I can't believe it doesn't come stock. Enjoy your new phone and just so you know it makes phone calls too I just found out :)
  10. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Welcome, lovelyhistorymom! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! The possibilities are endless for customization. So read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum! Here's a good one about app recommendations.

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:
  11. OpalCat

OpalCat New Member

Heh. heh. heh. You'll root. You'll get bored and root. I was chicken at first, too, but I'll never look back now!
  12. lovelyhistorymom

Oh there's no denying that. I'll root. But I've only owned it a day so that fact that it's still locked doesn't bother me cuz I don't understand half of what it does NOW. No reason to root til I can make a phone call without staring at it for twenty minutes trying to remember how.

LOL
  13. OpalCat

OpalCat New Member

No rush :) I firmly believe you should get comfy with the phone before trying to root.
  14. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Prior to the Droid I had a Samsung Sync on AT&T. I went VZW/Droid the day the Backflip was released and I was totally disappointed. So I found this site and found out this thing could be rooted and customized to my hearts content. :icon_ lala:

Needless to say as a Linux user since 1995 and someone who absolutely LOVES tweaking stuff I couldn't resist. So I downloaded all the stuff needed to root the Droid and custom ROM, kernel, etc... Unboxed the unit, activated, rooted. Within 7 minutes I was in HEAVEN. :icon_ banana:

Now I am not saying that you should root it right away. I purchased mine with the full intention of doing so before I even owned it. One thing I can say is that I have not regretted it one bit and when you are ready this place is full of wonderful folks that will be more than willing to help you in any way they can.
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

So does your cat judging by your avatar. :D

-Mike
  16. lovelyhistorymom

No he is totally indifferent to the issue. He just always looks like that. We try not to stare.
  17. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I can tell your gonna add a lot to the forums.. WELCOME...one of the longer introduction threads i have seen.. we are glad to have you:icon_ banana::icon_ banana: i know what you mean by being addicted i have totally not put this phone down still figuring out all things it can do..