I found these forums so helpful...

Teener

Reaction score
... I had to join in.
I am a new Droid user (have had my Droid Razr Maxx about 2 months) and new to smartphones, and I used this forum to help me make my selection to purchase my phone, as well as help me travel to Europe with the phone.
I had initially thought I would just buy a cheap, basic phone when I got to Italy, and use my Wi-Fi tablet for everything else. I am SO glad I bought the Droid and had it with me in Italy. Wi-Fi in Italy is really unreliable, WHEN it's available.
When I got to Italy, I found a Vodafone store and bought a Vodafone SIM card, and the Vodafone employee set up the APN for me. I used my phone all through Northern Italy, using 3G (they don't have 4G), Wi-Fi when available, calling home to the US, and receiving calls from the US. When I ran out of time on the card, I bought a "ricariche" card to add more time to my plan. One must plan this part carefully because the cards are not sold everywhere, and most places that sell them close in the early evening. Also of note, it costs 4 Euros per day to use the 3G, so use it judiciously.
I also used so many features of the phone, I don't know how I would have traveled without it: GPS and getting directions, e-mail, Internet browser, camera, music player, movies, e-reader, Map My Ride app (I was biking through Italy), Quick Word, just to name a few.
I haven't bought a larger micro SD card yet, so I just have the 16GB card that came with the phone, and on the phone I have 1700 songs (give or take), 3 movies, a couple hundred photos, 4 library books, and 3 weeks of journal entries on Quick Word. I still have about 10GB of storage remaining.
I know everyone knows about the battery life, but I just have to say that I used this phone all day, every day for 24 days, running GPS the whole time (Map My Ride), taking photos, watching a movie, journaling, reading and sending e-mail, listening to music, and every night when I checked the battery, I was never below 50%. Amazing.
When I returned home two nights ago, I replaced the Vodafone SIM card with my Verizon SIM, and everything is working just great.
I am happy to help anyone else with advice or info on traveling with the Droid Razr Maxx. Feel free to PM me.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the Maxx!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forums ..

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! We are very happy to have you aboard :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Welcome aboard and let me be first to say that your hands-on experience will certainly be helpful to others on our forums. We are a forum of people helping people and we pride ourselves in doing so without all the flaming and such that you might see on other forums. We'll be looking forward to your contributions to this forum and I have every expectation (based on your detailed post) that you will exceed my expectations. :hail: