I found the solution (forced 4.06 --> 4.08) and it WORKED!!!

staceybassoon

Reaction score
I wish I could take credit for the genius of this post, but I can only take credit for having the time and frustration to find it, haha.

Follow these directions after you have cleared up as much space as possible, that you are SURE you aren't going to get the nasty low space message. Then follow the instructions. After you do that, go into your settings and change the date to one month from now (the one year won't work for most people as suggested in his original directions). Then go into your system update screen and shortly the new update should appear.

Second GB Update/Patch Won't Reboot Issue - SOLVED! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

You will need this if you tried to force the update by changing the date and the phone wouldn't restart. I'd post a picture of my software screen, but alas I have an un-rooted phone and can't take a screen shot.

Good luck everybody!

yojay

Reaction score
Worked for me!

Great find. Thanks for doing the legwork. I submitted the link to your post to Reddit/r/Android to spread the word.

Waveraider

Reaction score
How do i find my system update screen?

Nevermind. I found it, but it says I'm up to date and I did everything right. Huh

Last edited:

Waveraider

Reaction score
WOOO HOOO! I DID IT! UPDATED TO 408.605.2! I AM THE FRIGGIN MAN!!!!! :icon_ banana:

Uhh... Hey, thanks for the help.

paulhusker

Reaction score
it took me about 2-3 times of uninstalling apps but finall upgraded...thanx for posting the link

Timar99

Reaction score
yeah I made it too...but everything looks the same? what's the point in the update?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums