I found a good video converter for the Droid...

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
Update....I just realized that Dvd Catalyst has a preset for the droid.....and will convert .flv files = awesome

This software is FAST too....bye bye to the 4 or 5 different video converter programs on my computer.

Ur making me think I have the wrong settings on DVD Catalyst because It takes about 45 to 50 minutes to convert one simple movie on my computer. And thats just ripping it on the regular (non-HD) setting.

I should clarify....MOST of my videos are already on my computer, so the ripping part isn't applied here. But I have a pretty fast laptop....but the thing about laptops is that the DVD drive WILL be slower than a desktop.

so yes actually ripping and converting does take longer, but still much faster than any other software.

D

dvdcatalyst

Dang I had no idea some still took that long, that wouldn't even be worth it if it took 4-8 hours, thanx

There are various aspects that influence the speed of the conversion, but what you have to keep in mind is that a DVD movie is 4GB-8GB in size, and when the conversion is complete, you end up with a 1-1.2GB file of (very close to) the same quality as the original.

Laptop drives are designed for low-power mode. Usually you can adjust this setting in the BIOS of the laptop. If you set it to performance mode, it will run faster.

Mac Attack

Reaction score
I purchased DVD Catalyst 2 weeks ago and it is great for converting my. Avi files to mp4 files. Quality of images and sound are excellent and I am happy with my purchase. The other night I was trying to convert a DVD for the first time (Up in the air) and after scanning I received a right protection message. I downloaded AnyDVD and then reran Catalyst. The movie converted but to avi format. How do I use AnyDvd to bypass the copy protection?

Last edited:
D

dvdcatalyst

I purchased DVD Catalyst 2 weeks ago and it is great for converting my. Avi files to mp4 files. Quality of images and sound are excellent and I am happy with my purchase. The other night I was trying to convert a DVD for the first time (Up in the air) and after scanning I received a right protection message. I downloaded AnyDVD and then reran Catalyst. The movie converted but to avi format. How do I use AnyDvd to bypass the copy protection?

Somehow your conversion profile changed. Please select a different device in DVD Catalyst, then switch it back to the one you used before, and it will be reset to the way it was. AnyDVD will remove the protection when you insert a DVD. It shows on the right bottom of your computer screen that it is scanning the DVD.

hy0tt0k0

Reaction score
no video converters seem to work

hey all, I'm trying to set up Transformers 2 to play on my droid, i've successfully used handbrake a number of times for other movies, but for this movie for some reason every time i try it records the movie at over 7 hours. It actually repeats the movie 3 times, and while the video is choppy but running, the audio is in slowmo. I tried the videora converter, which closes out when i try to run, and I've tried Aura, which had crap quality and doesn't play when you click ahead on the video bar. SO, has anyone had similar problems?

fishman35

Reaction score
RealPlayer converter works like a champ. It comes with RealPlayer, which most people have downloaded already. Something changed in the RAZR HD. Maybe an OS change? I used to just drag movies over and the phone would convert them for me. Not any more. It will copy, but will not play.

Yes, I detest paying for a utility to do something so simple, and I work in the computer industry.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Nice information. You may not realize however that your reply is to a thread that's over 4 years old. Still your information is helpful and welcomed.