i flashed

bignasty407

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
a rom, and now my contacts arnt showing up... i thought they sync with your gmail login... help!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if this is your first time flashing a blurless rom then this is very normal. they probably syncd to your backup assistant instead of google. so you have two options, you can either;

flash the backup you made of stock and go in to your contacts app and choose to export contacts to sd card, then flash the rom again and go in to the contacts app and choose to import contacts from sd

or (much easier)

go to the vzw website and go to the backup assistant section. there should be an option to download a csv file of your contacts. do that and then you can either upload the csv directly to the gmail website or place them on your sd card and import them to your contacts app.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
a rom, and now my contacts arnt showing up... i thought they sync with your gmail login... help!
Did you manually Sync your Contacts in Settings--->Accounts--->Google--->Gmail Contacts prior to flashing? If not, is your phone set to do it automatically? No matter if it is or isnt, ALWAYS MANUALLY SYNC CONTACTS TO GMAIL PRIOR TO DOING ANY SYSTEM MODS...just in case.

Follow Spaz`s advice...see if that doesnt line you back out...

OP
bignasty407

bignasty407

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thanks guys, thanks for the hint on the verizon site. and thanks for the manual sync advice.

OP
bignasty407

bignasty407

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
im on the gmail site trying to find a way to upload contacts

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
click on the contacts button on the left side and then more actions on the top and then choose import

OP
bignasty407

bignasty407

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
click on the contacts button on the left side and then more actions on the top and then choose import

i got it! thanks dude, you rule. when i get some dollars im gunna send them your way.dancedroiddancedroid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
there's no need for that. i don't take donations, but i'm certainly glad i could help you.

jwalz

Reaction score
Did you manually Sync your Contacts in Settings--->Accounts--->Google--->Gmail Contacts prior to flashing? If not, is your phone set to do it automatically? No matter if it is or isnt, ALWAYS MANUALLY SYNC CONTACTS TO GMAIL PRIOR TO DOING ANY SYSTEM MODS...just in case.

Follow Spaz`s advice...see if that doesnt line you back out...

Hey man how do I manually sync them to my gmail act? Im a newby that wants to start flashing roms but CAN'T lose the contact list