I finally rooted my phone last week now apperently there was an OTA update and I am

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by tempnexus, May 19, 2012.

1. tempnexus

tempnexus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I finally rooted my phone last week now apperently there was an OTA update and I am stuck in the constant reboot cycle.
    How do I get my phone back? Is there a way to get it back without loosing the android files? For example I have PAYPAL and WOW keyfobs on the droid so I need those to log into wow and paypal. I would not want to loose those but if I have to I guess I will have to.

2. dasanman69

dasanman69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The rootkeeper app should allow you accept the update and get u root access after.

3. Nyobie

Nyobie Member

Ratings:
    +3
    You'll need to locate the newer version's rooted zip file. The new SW version is 2.11.605.19 so you'll need to locate a download link for the rooted version of the new software since you installed an earlier version which is why the OTA push mucked up your phone. The process to install the zip file is simple since your phone is already rooted.

Loading the new zip file won't replace your apps or your data so all your settings, screen layout, etc. will remain unchanged.

Search tags for this page
can i update my rooted thunderbolt
how to manually update a rooted htc thunderbolt
how to update rooted phone
htc thunderbolt won't check ota
i rooted my phone now phone wont update
my rooted phone won't update
rooted phone now it wont update

rooted phone won't update

your phone thunderbolt root