I Finally Ordered My Turbo!

OP
MarBearCat

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I hate screen protectors more then I do cases.
I do have a really slim case that I sometimes put on mine.
I put it on for awhile, then take it off for awhile. No rhyme or reason.
Whatever that expression means anyway. :D

TapaTurbo
Yes I've never went with a screen protector either.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
- A#1 reason without a doubt: Because no screen protector I've ever seen is smoother then the glass on the phone.
- I truly do not see the point. Gorilla Glass continues to improve. GG4 is pretty damn scratch proof. 3 is tough to scratch, as well. Heck, scratching the glass on my very first OG Droid was HARD TO DO. I used to brag to people by scratching my keys on the face and being UNABLE to scratch even THAT old phone.
- I don't carry a purse that I would put a phone into. Not many places my phone will ever be even in a position to get scratched.
- My RAZR HD that I had for 19 months has one tiny scratch on it that you can barely see.
- I have ZERO skills in applying screen protectors. :D

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
All this about cases.. With more people becoming so reliant on their mobile device... It's a good idea just for the peace of mind imho.. I don't want to have to wait 24 hours or longer for a new or a CLNR. Yes I carry insurance.. But that insurance doesn't cover lost revenue.. And.... Especially since I've found that certain clouds don't backup all of my content like they should.. I'm always having to go into the cloud and comb through for files... I just bought a SanDisk flash drive for android phones... So hopefully that will be eliminated..

And depending on who's story you believe.. One that I heard.. Or was told... The reason behind the free screen replacement was that several shipments of droid turbos were received by vzw with broken screens.. So the warranty was made... Idk if that's all there was to it, I highly doubt it.. . But i know that was at least a small part of it..

I always use screen protectors.. Living on the Gulf Coast.. Sand is in the air and wind down here.. If i touch the window of my truck or even the door handle.. I have sand or particles of sand on my hands.. My screen would look like a glass chopping board in nothing flat... I cringe thinking about it..but not everyone lives in an area like this.. And i guess not everyone has to stay in touch or reachable...
Also.. I hate dealing with vzw about claims.. I get the moron that tries to claim I damaged the device or that tries the "I've never seen one of these break, what did you do to it??" crap... The ones you want to beat upside the head..

Just my opinion lol..

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Just my opinion of course, but you guys who buy phones for how they look crack me up. I buy a phone for what it *does*. Looks are secondary to me. And you bet I keep the thing in the best case I can find, and if I can find one that is waterproof, so much the better. I want to make sure I can increase the odds anyway I can to guarantee that my phone will be there when I need it. I know, I know, you dropped it here, you dropped it there etc etc and it survived. I am in and outside alot, and if that time ever comes where a real emergency occurs, I can bet that's when I will drop the phone and it will break. I am just trying to give myself a little insurance, if possible. I could care less if it looks sexy or whatever. Just my opinion, don't beat me up too bad! (well, if you do maybe my phone will survive lol)

I absolutely agree Hodor! Who cares what you choose to do with your phone or whether or not you decide to wrap it in 10 yards of Egyptian cotton and cover the front in a triple layer of plexiglass. Who cares what some random person in a coffee shop thinks of your phone? Like they're going to think less of you because you have a case on it. (If they do, F'em)
If we were all alike and lived the exact same lives doing the exact same thing and worried about what other people thought, we may as well go to some grassy field, get down on all fours, and start saying baaaaa, cause then we'd all be sheep. It cracks me up because I've read thousands of posts over the years on countless forums where people get so bent out of shape and defensive about what "somebody else" does with their phone. I think it great that some people enjoy their phones plain jane right out of the box, more power you ya I say! But to then go online and tell other people "you don't need this and you don't need that, and you're doing it all wrong and you should only use your phone this way or that way", it's like REALLY?

End rant.
Wasn't this thread about ordering up a Droid Turbo? Talk about a derailing. LOL!

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
End rant.
Wasn't this thread about ordering up a Droid Turbo? Talk about a derailing. LOL!

Yea. He ordered it. He received it. And now we are talking about the care and feeding of this Turbo. :D

Totally agree with you, though. I don't care what you do with your phone. I prefer sexy and thin. You like chunky and protected.
I don't think any less of "you people".... but I do have to smh. I must. :D :D

I did tease me boss about his giant iPhone case. "When it's in your back pocket, I swear you're sitting crooked in your chair!!!" Like Costanza's wallet.

OP
MarBearCat

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Question, how often do peeps use their turbo chargers? I'm thinking of experimenting with 20 min every lunch time, 5 days per week? At work. Right now I've been on the battery since 4:15 and I'm at 57% screen time: 2 hours.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I do have a really slim case that I sometimes put on mine.

. I prefer sexy and thin. You like chunky and protected.
I don't think any less of "you people".... but I do have to smh. I must. :D :D
I did tease me boss about his giant iPhone case.

Thank you for proving my point. You like thin & sexy we get that, yet YOU use a case. (whether it's thin or bulky is beside the point)

Just like George Costanza complaining about his girlfriend being bald.....ummmm.....YOUR BALD! Bwahahaha!
Isn't it ironic?

S5 tap'n

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Question, how often do peeps use their turbo chargers? I'm thinking of experimenting with 20 min every lunch time, 5 days per week? At work. Right now I've been on the battery since 4:15 and I'm at 57% screen time: 2 hours.

4-6 times a week.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
(whether it's thin or bulky is beside the point)

Not really trying to MAKE a point here, but if there was a point I am making it would be exactly what you said is NOT the point.
The size is what I don't like. I personally don't like cases that make phones 2 or even 3 times bigger then they are. Slim wraps or sleeves aren't as bad. IMO.
Boss had such a huge case on his phone it seriously interfered with ease of access to the bottom part of the phone until you got used to it.
/my head is spinning

jplemt

Reaction score
I only use my Turbo charger when I know I'm not going to be able to make it through a 24 hour shift at work, or I know I'm going to be away from a charger the rest of the night. I usually wireless charge at bedside at night.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I use the turbo charger when I'm low on juice and need to be sure I have battery to last till I get home.... I keep my charger for my Maxx and the turbo charger with me.. As well as my car charger...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I use the turbo charger when I'm low on juice and need to be sure I have battery to last till I get home.... I keep my charger for my Maxx and the turbo charger with me.. As well as my car charger...

I actually have a power inverter in my car, so I use the Turbo Charger in the car! I'm in the car for 30 minutes or so each time I travel, so it makes a perfect metered boost charge. I use my old Droid MAXX charger at bedside, and a wireless charger adapter attached. Same with the office.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm considering getting an inverter.. I may...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm considering getting an inverter.. I may...
I have two that I bought long time ago from.... Wait for it.... Radio Shack.

One is 140 watts and the other is 225. Both are probably, IDK, 20+ years old and still work perfectly.

There are 30 on eBay right now. Most are like $15.

Last edited: