I Finally Ordered My Turbo!

OP
MarBearCat

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Phone is activated and if I have any questions I'll ask here first!

>"<

OP
MarBearCat

MarBearCat

Reaction score
One thing, my phone says there is an update waiting. Anyone
know what that is?

>"<

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL....you people and your oversized cases on an already giant phone.

FYI, I've dropped my phone at least 3 times - healthy drops on wood and tile floors - and not even a scratch. This phone is a tank and it's just a waste of money and aesthetics to put a case on it.

OP
MarBearCat

MarBearCat

Reaction score
LOL....you people and your oversized cases on an already giant phone.

FYI, I've dropped my phone at least 3 times - healthy drops on wood and tile floors - and not even a scratch. This phone is a tank and it's just a waste of money and aesthetics to put a case on it.
You should see the Tiger Tank of a case I'm putting on this weekend.
I am going to use my Turbo without the case tomorrow so as to
show some coworkers my phone but after that its St. Louis Rams Defender time. LOL!

>"<

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
FYI, I've dropped my phone at least 3 times - healthy drops on wood and tile floors - and not even a scratch. .
If we lived in a "wood & tile floor" world that would be fine & dandy. I can assure you, concrete and asphalt is not as forgiving.

S5 tap'n

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If we lived in a "wood & tile floor" world that would be fine & dandy. I can assure you, concrete and asphalt is not as forgiving.

I think I may have dropped it on concrete once, too. Besides, we have a free screen replacement. They are literally begging you not to put a case on it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I wish I could click Agree like 5 more times. I hate cases. I can't stand them. I don't care what others do, but when I see someone with a giant freaking case on a sexy little slim phone I do have to smh...
ESPCIALLY those giant Otterboxes. ;)

Also agree that's probably a large part of why Moto gives us that warranty. It's a tough screen AND when someone sees your phone at the coffee shop...
"Wow, that's a good looking phone. Why don't you have a case?"
"Well, there's this warranty, see......."

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't care what others do, but when I see someone with a giant freaking case on a sexy little slim phone I do have to smh...

I hate large phones to begin with. The Turbo is bigger than I wanted - no way I make it even bigger with a huge case. I may have gone with a bumper without the warranty.

Toward the end, I ditched the case on my OG Droid. Had a bumper for the Rezound. Naked with the Turbo (except the anti-smudge, anti-glare screen protector, which I think is a must).

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I hate screen protectors more then I do cases.
I do have a really slim case that I sometimes put on mine.
I put it on for awhile, then take it off for awhile. No rhyme or reason.
Whatever that expression means anyway. :D

TapaTurbo

Hodor

Reaction score
Just my opinion of course, but you guys who buy phones for how they look crack me up. I buy a phone for what it *does*. Looks are secondary to me. And you bet I keep the thing in the best case I can find, and if I can find one that is waterproof, so much the better. I want to make sure I can increase the odds anyway I can to guarantee that my phone will be there when I need it. I know, I know, you dropped it here, you dropped it there etc etc and it survived. I am in and outside alot, and if that time ever comes where a real emergency occurs, I can bet that's when I will drop the phone and it will break. I am just trying to give myself a little insurance, if possible. I could care less if it looks sexy or whatever. Just my opinion, don't beat me up too bad! (well, if you do maybe my phone will survive lol)