1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I finally bit the bullet

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Overcomer, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Overcomer

Overcomer New Member

When I read the thread about 2.2 OTA being pulled/delayed again I decided to go ahead and root and install a custom ROM. I will admit that there is almost too much information out there about rooting that it is probably difficult for some to process all of it. A lot of the tutorials assume you know some things that some people don't know. At any rate I did it with minimal issues following the tutorial on droid-life. One issue I did have was that RSDLite didn't recognize SPRecovery until I renamed the sbf file to 1.sbf. I don't know why that was the case, but I found a post on this site by luck with that solution.

Anyway I installed BB 0.4 and I must say WOW WOW WOW dancedroid. The droid has come to life IMO. I then installed the Indigo Blue theme and I really like it.

The only other issue I had outside of the sbf file naming was that not all of my paid apps came back when I setup my phone again. I backed them all up except for RadioTime...and I really liked that one so I may have to re-buy it...

I have no idea how much deeper I will go with the tinkering, but I am happy so far with the results :icon_ banana:
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Go to your downloads in the Market. You will find your paid apps there. Including the ones that didn't come back.
  3. dmartins

dmartins Member

You should have used my guide.
    It probably would have been easier to understand.
    The app should be in your downloads in the market.
    It should say Purchased.
    All you have to do is click it and it will reinstall it.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  4. Overcomer

Overcomer New Member

I actually had your instructions and droid-life up simultaneously...the only problem during the whole thing was the renaming of the sbf file. I still haven't found much out there about how or why that happens. Oh well, it is done and all is well.

I did go my downloads in the market and the missing paid apps are not listed. Not sure why. I did go back and verify that it was associated with the right account.
  5. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

This happened to me the 1st time I messed my phone up and had to backup. When I searched for the app in the market, it just let me install it.
  6. dmartins

dmartins Member

They must not have been made for 2.2 yet.
    Just go to my instructions and apply the market fix.
    That should make the apps show back up.