I dumped my Storm and got a Droid because....

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Vulcan1600, Dec 19, 2009.

1. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lol I looked at youtube reviews of the BB Storm on my droid after getting it just out of curiosity (and because they just released Storm 2) and it did not look like many people liked it.

2. WLJohnson05

WLJohnson05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you have a pm.

yep when 5.0 came out still buggy as hell it just became unacceptable

3. boatman2220

boatman2220 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys let's not go knocking the Ol' Storm too much. LOL
    As frustrating as it was, it worked and kept us fairly happy. That is until we got our hands on the Droid. I went in to check out the Storm 2,and upgrade my Storm to 5.0. I'd never heard of the Droid, no commercials out then. I had some time to kill and the guy that was helping me knew the Droid pretty well. He went over it as we waited on the Storm to finish up. I went home and did a little research on the Droid. Several days later I picked up the Droid. After finding out that there were no battery pulls or waiting,watching a spinning object. I knew this was the beginning of great things. Overall my Storm was pretty darn good. Very frustrating, yes it was. But, I like many others liked it until I got my grubby hands on the Droid. Let's treat the Storm gently, like the old work horse it was. LOL

4. bacalao

bacalao Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes not so hard on the workhorse I had for a year and my introduction to the world of smartphones! I don't know if I will ever be able to own a dumbphone again..

5. boatman2220

boatman2220 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Kinda like that old car that you loved,old girl or boyfriend, favorite pair of tennis shoes that wore out. Life was sweet back then. LOL

6. Caesarg

Caesarg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    love hate relationship

Had the storm from day one. It had its good points but I hated battery pulls well quickpull. Plus constantly having to monitor memory to keep the phone running ok.

Then as for apps I think the majority were nothing more than themes.

Finally the OS. While 5.0 had some nice features it was still a tired OS. Plus it was an OS for a trackball phone not a touchscreen. It sort of reminded me of an old amber computer screen. It worked but it was boring.

7. bacalao

bacalao Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, now lets bow our heads in a moment of silence.. lol

8. kprojects

kprojects Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My wife got rid of her storm for a droid after seeing my droid - I also love showing her brother how cool it is compared to his iphone!

9. boatman2220

boatman2220 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Look at how many people the Storm opened the door and paved the way to the Droid. LOL