I dumped my Storm and got a Droid because....

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was tired of waiting for an O.S. leak to come out and fix something but screw something else up.....

(Thought this might be a fun thread)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
leaks are for diapers to worry about.... not my cell phone.

WLJohnson05

Reaction score
I was tired of waiting for an O.S. leak to come out and fix something but screw something else up.....

yep...new leak just came out and it fixed a bunch of stuff but screwed up the typing on the keyboard....
it amazes me how long it has taken to just make this OS ok. not even good yet. cant wait to get me a droid

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

yep...new leak just came out and it fixed a bunch of stuff but screwed up the typing on the keyboard....
it amazes me how long it has taken to just make this OS ok. not even good yet. cant wait to get me a droid

Two things WL Johnson:

Hey, you won the GV contest last night. I've been waiting for you to tell me your GMail address if you still want the invite.

Second, the new 5.0 O.S. that came out for the Storm was a little too late and not really all that great overall. I couldn't wait any longer, nor was I about to purchase a Storm 2

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow I can't believe I used to want a blackberry, so glad I waited an got the droid instead. I was even really considering the first storm.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Because not only do battery pulls suck, but a 5-7 minute boot time made the experience downright painful! I was sold on the Droid from the first power up!:byestorm:

bacalao

Reaction score
I don't know, but boot up on my Droid is about two or three minutes... half that of the Storm of course.
Not having to do my twice daily battery pulls is. .. priceless.

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but boot up on my Droid is about two or three minutes... half that of the Storm of course.
Not having to do my twice daily battery pulls is. .. priceless.

Interesting mine boots in about 48 seconds.

bacalao

Reaction score
Ain't that a *itch. Ok I'll be back in a few, gonna test and confirm mine with stop watch. Ok, to stay on topic, I just wish viigo would come out with an android support..

bacalao

Reaction score
Ok I stand corrected. Maybe I'm super impatient; I clocked my reboot at 48 seconds on the dot!! Haha

So I passed my Storm on to my Dad, and its overwhelming him. I maxed that sucker out, and even the upgrade to OS 5.0 wasn't near enough to keep me away from the Droid. I liked the Storm, but I was waiting for something linux based like my laptop.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow I can't believe I used to want a blackberry, so glad I waited an got the droid instead. I was even really considering the first storm.

Your decision was a wise one :) Storm gave me depression :(

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would still have a Storm 2 had the Verizon store not been busy. I went to return it for my third Storm2 because the escape button and blackberry button were sticking. I had to wait about 20 minutes and that gave me enough time to look at the Droid. I played with the touch keyboard and saw the browser speed. When my name came up I asked for the Droid.

It cost me the 35.00 restocking fee but it was worth it. No battery pulls. Worked straight from the box. Best decision I could have made.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would still have a Storm 2 had the Verizon store not been busy. I went to return it for my third Storm2 because the escape button and blackberry button were sticking. I had to wait about 20 minutes and that gave me enough time to look at the Droid. I played with the touch keyboard and saw the browser speed. When my name came up I asked for the Droid.

It cost me the 35.00 restocking fee but it was worth it. No battery pulls. Worked straight from the box. Best decision I could have made.

$35 for a Droid! (Obviously not really since you had to pay for the Storm 2....) but that's a home run! Sometimes a little inconvenience is a good thing.