I dropped my Rezound for the first time

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
So yesterday I was walking into a restraunt and it slid out of my hand... On to the blacktop road.. hit the side and jumped then landed face first and it survived! It was probably a little more then waist height. I had the extended battery also.. with the bumper silicone case from htcpedia ( only goes around the side of the phone leaving back totally exposed . Only damage done was a little dent on the side ! I was sure the huge weight of the extended battery would surely break it but I guess not!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I dropped mine over the weekend as well. Dropped from waist height onto concrete while I was piss drunk (one more reason not to drink). No case. Landed on a corner and landed hard because I have the extended battery.

The screen survived intact and it appears to work fine. Some severe scratch damage on that corner (about half of it on the backplate, which is the one for the extended battery anyway, not my original), but otherwise it seems intact.

OP
S

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Yeah this phone seems pretty strong.

flamewalker

Reaction score
I dropped mine on day 2 no screen protector or case from about waist high getting out of my car... Dinged 3 carners and ended up with 2 super tiny dings on the glass which I can't even see unless I look for them. One was outside the viewport of the o.s. fortunately (the bigger one).

Still don't use a case but have a screen protector I got for a buck... So far I haven't dropped it since :p

DROID11

Reaction score
sp3ar2envi said:
So yesterday I was walking into a restraunt and it slid out of my hand... On to the blacktop road.. hit the side and jumped then landed face first and it survived! It was probably a little more then waist height. I had the extended battery also.. with the bumper silicone case from htcpedia ( only goes around the side of the phone leaving back totally exposed . Only damage done was a little dent on the side ! I was sure the huge weight of the extended battery would surely break it but I guess not!

I've tried to find those bumper cases before. Couldn't find them even on htcpedia. Do you have a link?

OP
S

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Ya i found it on HTC pedia just go to cases section

HowardZ

Reaction score
I am using otterbox defender and standard phone back piece - both modified for the extended battery.

OP
S

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
A defender case with an extended battery must be huge!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Had mine on my lap when I got out of the car, went flying out of the car and landed face down on asphalt. Destroyed. It seemed ok at first, but then actually became unusable as it became less responsive, couldn't touch certain parts of the screen, and then the radio just gave out. Dropped it once or twice before that on tile with no issues. I think it depends largely on where it lands. I always felt cases were more for corner protection and keeping the backplate/battery from flying out. Screen protectors are what'll make the biggest difference, even from shattering.

HowardZ

Reaction score
A defender case with an extended battery must be huge!

No larger than defender case with the standard battery.

There are two ways

One is to simply not use the bottom plastic part of the
defender. The rubber part goes over the extended
battery back case and Hooks Onto the defender top
plastic screen protector.

The other way. Buy a used standard battery back cover. Cut a rectangle out of the standard battery cover and also the defender back plastic
cover. This way the thick extended battery is flush with the bottom of the defender case.
Then put on the defender rubber. There are pictures of this on xda forum.

A defender cover makes the phone thicker but offers excellent protection

marioval

Reaction score
I have dropped mine more times than I can even count. No case. usually the back comes off and the battery flies 10 feet away too. No noticeable damage yet.