I dont want to write my entire subject in my title line so Ill give it a whirl....oh

madcatz

Reaction score
god what have I done......wait a second.

Hi everybody, which usually means Mods for the section, the occasional member who pokes their head in here, and any other new to the forum people looking to boost their post count, or cant figure out the rest of the site.

I stumbled upon here while I was trying to Root my old Phone, a nice Verizon Droid X (MB810). I thought I was doing good. Reading the threads, checking the proper files.....doing it great.

I recent bought a Droid RAZR M so my old X was just dead weight. I formatted it and did the Factory Reset (Hold Home while powering up), and was going to give the phone to my Sister In Law....she uses an old brick flip phone. But before I did that, I wanted to Root it....you know to see what all the hoopla is about. And to remove Verizon Bloatwear, I never once updated Blockbuster....yeah **** you "the Man"

Was using RSD Lite v5.4.4 with VRZ_MB810_4.5.605_1FF_01.sbf and that was a no go......While in Bootloader Err: A5,70,70,00,1F appeared....great issue one in my endeavor.

hmmmm ok, little more research which lead me to Jailbreak Droid X, and thus which lead me further around the rabbits hole to Bootloader Err:A5,70,70,00,00 - Android Forums and then finnaly http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-tech-support/202095-bootloader-30-04-no-matter-what.html

so I went to town, grabbing Happy_Holidays_From_TBH and VRZ_MB810_4.5.602_1FF_01.sbf ....uploaded Happy Holidays......nope, now I have Err A5,70,70,00,00....well aint that just the tittysprinkles. Oh hey I have to go to work...ok, Ill just leave the phone connected and Ill come back later......oh wait, whats that, you wont charge anymore.....and I was at the office till noon. Oh your battery is too low now......oh just GREAT.

and thus.....my story of how I got here.

If you see the error of my ways....well please tell me WTF I did wrong. I think I got it right, once I get the phone back on some power and upload the 602. Yaaaay. So glad I have my RAZR M and I didnt just try to do this out of the blue.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I don't know what my post count is, started poking my head around all over the place to welcome new members back in 2010 so the welcome is from a fellow member who is glad you joined.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello & welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your X - it has been some time since I modded mine so I will give ya 2 links...one to the DX subforum here Droid X Forum and the other to our sister site Droid X Forum - both will most likely get ya back on the path that you need...good luck!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :)

OP
madcatz

madcatz

Reaction score
correction

Important Info for .621 Update!

.621 621.sbf.7z

but Im back at the activation screen. I thought that I would be able to bypass this and be at the home screen and able to start to delete bloatwear and set the phone up to send to my SIL for her to use

pistacio

Reaction score
dont want to write my entire subject in my title line so Ill give it a whirl....oh

You can bypass activation. Just touch all 4 corners of the screen clockwise. Search for "bypass Android activation " on youtube if needed.