I Don't Want to "Alarm" Anybody

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by hookbill, Mar 2, 2010.

1. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I can't be the first person to notice this and I searched before I started this thread. Has anyone else noticed that when the alarm goes off that it completely wakes your Droid and makes it accessible to others?

I'm picturing this kind of scenario. Let's say you have an alarm go off at 2:00 pm to remind you to I don't know, buy flowers for the wife or whatever and you're in the office/work. So the alarm goes off and some wise guy hears it because you went to the john and forgot to take your Droid. They kill the alarm and have full access to your Droid.

It seems like it's possible to me. I don't use a pattern so maybe it's different for you people that do, but that's the way it looks to me.

Funny thing about me noticing this is there is no way I would be in this situation but I know there's one or two of you who got some stuff that you don't want others to see. So what do you think? Or is this an issue that's been discussed to death and I just haven't noticed?
  2. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Maybe you should follow this thread and just don't forget your phone when you go to do your thing [​IMG]. Or better yet, keep in on you.

Personally I use my alarm for waking up. Everything else that I may need a "reminder" for gets put in my calendar with a reminder(s) set.

Just my [​IMG]
  3. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

if you don't use a pattern whats stopping someone from just walking over and unlocking your phone anyway?
  4. hookbill

OK, take me out of the equation. This is just a hypothetical question. I'm just trying to see if anybody has thought of this before. I'm not asking for advice on what I personally should do.

I'm more curious to see if anybody would see this as a concern and I liked to know that if it works the same way with people who use patterns.
  5. jasonb

jasonb New Member

exactly. if you don't have a lock pattern then anybody that picks it up regardless has full access to your phone.

anyway, my phone either stays in my pocket, right next to me on my nightstand or in my car dock. it's never unattended.
  6. porcelain

porcelain New Member

That would be why I have a pattern lock... I don't want people messing with the phone if I leave it sitting somewhere. It doesn't happen often, but you know, just in case.

The phone will go right to the pattern lock screen once you hit snooze or dismiss on the alarm.
  7. hookbill

I don't think my point is getting across here. Like in this persons situation, even though they have a pattern lock on it for that brief period you would be vulnerable.

And I know that it's a brief period. I just realized it was possible and wondered if anyone else noticed?
  8. porcelain

porcelain New Member

Well maybe there is something different with my phone because when the alarm is going off, I can only hit "snooze" or "dismiss." I'm not able to do anything else with the phone. And once I select one of those two options, the phone goes right back to the pattern lock screen. No one would be able to do anything with it...
  9. hookbill

That's part of what I was asking. So as soon as you respond it goes right into lock. See, mine doesn't do that it stays open. I guess with the pattern lock it doesn't work that way.
  10. markmicallef

markmicallef New Member

i dont see what the alarm has to do with anything here if you don't use a lock pattern your phone is unlocked no matter what
  11. hookbill

Nobody got my point.:mad: Just forget about it.
  12. zenman77

zenman77 New Member

I understand and I get your point. I think sometimes people feel that they need to go into advisor mode..... The one thing that this post helped me with is to realize that there's such a thing as a pattern lock...

Thanx again