I Don't Want My Screen Turning On When It Slides Open In My Pocket! - #2

johndavies108

Reaction score
I have a similar problem to the one posted in this other thread. The difference is that my phone stays locked when it turns on. So the "solution" posted in the other thread won't help me since it has nothing to do with forgetting to change my options before locking and throwing it in my pocket. My issue is not that buttons are pressed and settings changed, but that my back-light stays on and drains my battery faster.

Some details:
Using FROYO 2.2 Motorola Droid.
Waking my phone with the power/lock button works as expected (after ~5 seconds sleeps).
Opening slider makes the back-light stay on (even after closing it).

Does this happen to anyone else? Open then close slider, does your backlight stay on? Is there a setting that modifies this behavior?

Last edited:

monkeyboy6478

Reaction score
Phone becomes unlucked in verizion holder

I have the issue of the phone will some how get past the slider lock screen and the pattern screen while placed in the verizion wireless leather holster. Battery then drains fast or I pocket dial someone. I've messed with settings to try to prevent this. Would like to try disabling the home key from waking up the phone/screen.

I could sure use some help too. Phone is two weeks old, VS 2.2 Motorola X.:motdroidvert:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wear tighter pants?:)

Or get a holster. I haven't had an issue with my D2 doing that or my D1.

As far as the X goes, you got me. I know the D2 has a security defect that will allow you access even when locked if you push on the search button for 4 seconds, but I don't know if the X has this issue.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Ok...I to noticed this problem....laugh if u will but this is what I did & it worked. You can get these about anywhere but u know them small kinda thin (actually u can get them in many sizes) round or square felt pads, that are sticky on one side & have the felt on the other side, I think they are typically used to be applied to the bottom of chairs & etc so not to scratch ur floor.....anyway, I stuck some of those on the backside of my keyboard, it simply makes the keyboard a little more difficult to slide open & closed....all I can say it worked like a charm.