I DON'T play video messages

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Dejavoo, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Dejavoo

Dejavoo New Member

Sorry about the title, after getting bombarded with all the I DON"T commericials I thought it was appropriate.
    Ok my Droid will not play video or animated text messages. Does anyone know if I have a settings issue or a lemon phone. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
  2. Dejavoo

Dejavoo New Member

bump....sorry reallly need help
  3. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

I havent received a video mms yet but Im sure you have to download it first. Have you tried a long press on the file?
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Haven't received one so IDK... but would like to know...
  5. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

This is only speculation because I haven't been able to find any solid info on this.

I don't think 2.0 will play an mms longer than 30 seconds. Reason I am assuming this is because in video options there is option for recording 30secs of video for mms. It's a specific setting for sending but the 2 may be tied together.

I don't know : ) Stands to reason though.
  6. richie1378

richie1378 New Member

I have that problem playing mms vids that I receive too but if you look at the updates coming on the 11th, I think that's gonna be one of the fixes. Check the link out below and it's gonna be under "Category: Messaging" and it states "JPG images in MMS sent from vzwpix.com are displayed as a slide show. SMS and MMS message priority indications are not supported"

From what I'm reading, it seems that Verizon/Motorola are aware of the problem.

Motorola Droid OTA Update Coming December 11th? | Android Phone Fans
  7. Monstrosity

Monstrosity New Member

You do know HOW to play it right? I think you hold it and it plays?
  8. Dejavoo

Dejavoo New Member

Is it possible that I have a lemon phone? I'm actually on the phone with VZ right now and they are calling it a DOA and are willing to replace it.
  9. cc16177

cc16177 New Member

Before you let them replace it I would do a little more research. I have had a LOT of experience with Verizon's "tech support" department and no matter WHAT your issue is, if a soft reset doesn't fix it they declare it DOA and replace it. They are complete idiots.
  10. Dejavoo

Dejavoo New Member

You are exactly right they declared it a DOA and are shipping me a new one. Ohh well I guess I'll be getting a new one. I will only be out the $5 or so I spent on apps.
  11. bots

bots New Member

As long as you sign in with the same google account on the new device, you wont have to pay for those apps again. Purchase info on paid apps is stored server-side, so you can just goto the market and your paid apps should show up as "purchased". You can then download them again.
  12. ahare34

ahare34 New Member

Im with you Mine does not play MMS at all just a picture shows up and thats it. even with the long press the send to sd card and the good old play button. I love my phone and im just gonna wait till the update and see what happens. But I DO LOVE THIS PHONE!!!! thats the only prob i've had.
  13. buenos

buenos New Member

My son sent me one, and i got it just fine. ???

it was a clip that is 323.2 kb....

He sent it from his phone...it showed up as a .3gp file????
  14. Dejavoo

Dejavoo New Member

ahare34 Thats exactly what mine does.

One of my buddies has the droid and he has no problems with video or animated text messages. So it has got to be the phone. My problem is my 30 day trail ends on the 9th......the rumored patch doesn't supposedly come out till the 11th. Do you see the predicament I'm in. They are sending me a new one and should be here tomorrow.
  15. richie1378

richie1378 New Member

Hmmm....reading all the replies has made me paranoid about the mms play problem. I have 3 days left for my 30 and what do you guys think? Should I go ahead and exhange it now or cross my fingers for the update due on the 11th? It plays some vids/animated messages but majority show up as slide shows. Please give me your thoughts on exchanging, I'm going to base it on you GUYS!! Thanks everyone!
  16. Dejavoo

Dejavoo New Member

I was sitting in the same boat, and had to make a quick decision. I spoke with Motorolla and Verizon and both don't know of any update as of today. With only a couple days left of my trail period I chose to just get a new phone. This update is speculation (by a leaked source????) and say it does....will it include a patch for the text messaging problem, that only a select few are having....doubtful. Make sure when you call them you let them know it is a DOA and you won't get charged the restocking fee.
  17. richie1378

richie1378 New Member

Hey thanks! I just made up my mind I'll be exchanging it one day before my 30 runs out. By the way, how is your new phone compared to your first one?
  18. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

no you won't be. simply use the same gmail you used before and you'll be able to re-download for free.
  19. Dejavoo

Dejavoo New Member

OK what am I doing wrong. I got the new phone and it still will not play video text messages. For all tech people out there is there a setting I'm missing? Ohh well I had to error on the side of caution and just in case it was the phone.
  20. goonygugle

goonygugle New Member

Android does not support animated gifs, it will play a video file but does not play nice with animated gifs, this isnt specific to the droid this is something that has always supposed to have been fixed with android but hasnt been from what i read about prior versions
Search tags for this page
cant play video on mms message on andriod
galaxy s4 wont message videos
how to view iphone video message on android
i phone video texts dont play on android

my videos dont play on tango

receive video texts on android phone but won't play right
video messages wont play on android
why can i view my tango messages
why want the video message on my tango play?
why wont tango play video message