I don't like Ice Cream Sandwich.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mattyp....thanks for the magnifying tip! at least I can get to contacts now from the phone itself!!

.....when I pressed the lower left Icon on the old software, several choices came up, one of which was Notifications....that took me to a screen which showed me any missed calls, voicemails, text messages, weather-bug alerts, time to charge your phone, etc etc etc.....that option is gone now.....is there a way I can add it back on or a good app to download?? THANKS!!

I wasn't on GB long enough to even remember that option. I got my Razr Maxx a couple weeks ago, and less than a week later I upgraded to ICS. I always pulled down the notification bar to see my notifications. Sorry, but I can't even make an educated guess on that one. :icon_frown: Maybe one of the resident experts could help.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think pressing the lower left corner was the menu key. Yea...there were some choices, notifications was one.

You can still see your notifications by pulling down from the top of the screen tho. Unless you really want to use the menu key again. In that case....don't really know. Maybe a key mapping app will help?

Reaction score
*sheepish grin* :blink: well, now I feel quite silly...I never KNEW you could swipe down the notification bar from the top.....HA HA! I just tried it and voila, there are all my notifications.....I would be lost without the things I read on this forum! THANKS!

Reaction score
ok..while I have your attention....is there a way on this new Ice Cream software to adjust the volume on the notification sound?? I used to be able to adjust both the ringer volume AND the text message volume by using the volume control on the right hand side of the razr...if I turned the volume down, both sounds were lowered.....since the upgrade, I can only adjust the phone ringer volume with that....

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
*sheepish grin* :blink: well, now I feel quite silly...I never KNEW you could swipe down the notification bar from the top.....HA HA! I just tried it and voila, there are all my notifications.....I would be lost without the things I read on this forum! THANKS!

You and me both ... I learned almost everything I know about these phones on this forum. If you don't know, ask. Someone will be glad to help. I had one of those "don't know" moments just last night and when I got my answer I did a *facepalm* too LOL :biggrin:

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok..while I have your attention....is there a way on this new Ice Cream software to adjust the volume on the notification sound?? I used to be able to adjust both the ringer volume AND the text message volume by using the volume control on the right hand side of the razr...if I turned the volume down, both sounds were lowered.....since the upgrade, I can only adjust the phone ringer volume with that....

That I can help with LOL :icon_ devil:

Menu button > System Settings > Sound > Volumes

Reaction score
Glad I am not the only one! HA!

Do you know, is there a way to remove all calls from the call list at the same time ? I remove each one individually and I just know there has to be a better way!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad I am not the only one! HA!

Do you know, is there a way to remove all calls from the call list at the same time ? I remove each one individually and I just know there has to be a better way!

Menu button > "Clear List" (While in the call list) :D

Reaction score
*bowing head* I knew it had to be simple and I knew it was right in front of me.....lol...I have to get it in my head that the menu button does different things in each screen! THANKS!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
*bowing head* I knew it had to be simple and I knew it was right in front of me.....lol...I have to get it in my head that the menu button does different things in each screen! THANKS!

Each screen, and in most apps things like preferences and settings and such can be found by tapping the menu button. :)

WestOkid

Reaction score
I've said it on other threads, so I'll say it here too. The update OTA to ICS MAY have wiped out the Meter's Full charge and Low battery flags (setting them back to the default values). I recommend everyone run through a meter training as follows:
  1. Power off the phone at the next opportunity when you won't need it for 3 hours (RAZR), or 5.5 hours (MAXX). To power off, press and hold the power button, then select "Power off" from the menu.
  2. Plug the phone into the STOCK Motorola Charger block and the STOCK Motorola Charging/USB cable. The phone will boot into "Charge only" mode, display a large animated Blue battery and show a percentage of charge level.
  3. Allow the phone to charge to 100%. To check progress at any time along the way, briefly tap either Volume up or down. In about 3 seconds the Animated battery will appear for about 10 seconds. DO NOT hit the POWER button, and DO NOT disconnect UNTIL the display says 100%.
  4. Once it reaches 100%, disconnect and remove from the charger, and then power up normally.
  5. Use the phone normally, but watch the remaining battery power and once it reaches 10% (used to be 15%), the phone will pop up a warning to plug in and charge.
  6. Once the pop-up to charge appears, repeat steps 1 through 4.
This will restore the proper charge capacity flags for the meter so that in the future the phone will know accurately both how much the battery can actually hold, and how much is remaining at any given time, so it doesn't display false information that leads you to believe the phone is consuming more power than it actually is.​

@Foxkat. What if I lost the original cable? Is that a key component to calibration?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
THANKS! I'm hoping that I can get this all figured out before the next upgrade.....hahahahaha! Just kidding.....sort of....ok...I'm not.....

Reaction score
one more question...yes...I know I said that before...lol....do you all use an antivirus software on your droids?? I have the trial of Mcafee on there right now.....

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
one more question...yes...I know I said that before...lol....do you all use an antivirus software on your droids?? I have the trial of Mcafee on there right now.....

That's a question that's up for debate, some people swear by them, some don't use them. Personally, I don't use them. But I am very careful about what I download from the Store and I pay attention to the "permissions" that an app wants to have. I have all the apps I want in my phone, and have been using the same apps since my Droid 2. But some people swear by them, while others don't. I'm sure someone else can chime in on the subject. For me it's just personal preference. :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Once a month, I download it, run it, and delete it. Apps like this tend to change the way the device operates... so I don't keep em on my device.. they cause lagging, force closes, instability and I don't like any of those issues personally :D hope this helps :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited: