I don't like Ice Cream Sandwich.

BillTheCat

Reaction score
My battery life seems to have improved (RAZR) since the ICS upgrade. Previously, I'd get low enough (40%) during an 8 hour work day running Double Twist for music, WiFi off & 4G on, that I would plug in & recharge after 6 hours or so. Now, I'm getting thru the entire workday with 50-60% battery left.

I, too, have noticed less available memory (RAM) than when I was on Gingerbread.

williamweaver

Reaction score
djspy said:
I don't care how pretty it is what matters to me is the battery life. I went from 12-14 hr battery life using my phone with out restrictions to 7 maybe 8 being extrememly careful with it. This is B.S. down to 40% battery with 1hr 5mins of screen time. and that's with out downloading any files, using youtube or any data intensive things. Again, F U Ice Cream Sandwich. You too Google.

Oh and i'm on 3G. Which i used to get full bars before now i get 2 maybe 3.

You should download badass battery monitor and see how long it shows you're getting.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So can you freeze apps in ICS? Shouldn't that help battery life?
There are some apps (bloat) that you can disable and some that are considered bloat you cannot. To freeze an app you have to be rooted. To disable an app drag it to the top of the screen and a dialog box will open select manage and then select disable.

seant09

Reaction score
My battery life seems to have gotten a lot better on my Razr which is nice.

The one problem I have is that it appears the Ringer and Notification volumes are tied to each other or something. I'm on call 24/7 so I need my ringer on but don't want to hear my notifications going off all night for emails/texts, etc. I used to use a simple program called Timeriffic to turn off notifications and only have my ringer on from 11PM - 6AM then at 6AM the notifications turned back on but according to Timeriffic this can't be done on ICS. That's pretty disappointing to me unless I'm just missing something??

Raydee35

Reaction score
I have one worse than all you guys. I took my phone off charge at 6am this morning and had the ICS update come OTA. By 8am my battery is 100% dead and to really top my morning off I plug the charger in and it wil only charge to 1%. I tried 4 different chargers.

rjenk

Reaction score
On Maxx here and battery life is better for me. Last night before putting it down for the day, after 12 hours was still at 68%. I keep 4G and WiFi on, haven't had a reason to turn it off.

Raydee35

Reaction score
Yeah I took mine off the charger about 45 minutes ago and I am already down to 80%. This is not good. Looks like there is a media process that is once again eating my battery. I am still not sure what this is and what I can do to prevent it from happening. If I end the process it goes away but I really need to get to the root of the problem.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Moving to ICS

Tap'd from my Maxx

pico1

Reaction score
Why would we have to do a factory reset? Will I lose all my apps and what not? Also how do you do that on ICS?

NickNacNo

Reaction score
In settings you can choose how many things can be running at once goes as low as one or two apps at a time

I didn't realize that was possible. My battery life hasn't been changed much and yesterday I had 61% battery after 10 hours with light use. I do use SmartActions heavily and disable Data, Wifi, and Sync when the screen is off. This helps my battery life tremendously.

Can you please explain where in settings you can go to change those options. I've looked and can't seem to find it. That should extend my battery life even further. Thanks in advance!

jwilly216

Reaction score
NickNacNo said:
I didn't realize that was possible. My battery life hasn't been changed much and yesterday I had 61% battery after 10 hours with light use. I do use SmartActions heavily and disable Data, Wifi, and Sync when the screen is off. This helps my battery life tremendously.

Can you please explain where in settings you can go to change those options. I've looked and can't seem to find it. That should extend my battery life even further. Thanks in advance!
I have a bionic so I apologize if it's different but under settings, developer options, background process limit.