I don't like Ice Cream Sandwich.

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by djspy, Jun 27, 2012.

1. djspy

djspy Member

I don't care how pretty it is what matters to me is the battery life. I went from 12-14 hr battery life using my phone with out restrictions to 7 maybe 8 being extrememly careful with it. This is B.S. down to 40% battery with 1hr 5mins of screen time. and that's with out downloading any files, using youtube or any data intensive things. Again, F U Ice Cream Sandwich. You too Google.

Oh and i'm on 3G. Which i used to get full bars before now i get 2 maybe 3.
  2. jrpbulk

jrpbulk New Member

That's rough. I am getting 13 plus with 50% remaining. I used get a little better but I have been playing with more

Sent from my SCH-I815 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom New Member

Wow, that sucks. That doesn't seem right. maybe try recalibrating you're battery? Or maybe a factory reset. If that doesn't work, try talking (calmly and respectfully) to Verizon for a replacement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
  4. diablo81588

diablo81588 New Member

Give it a few charge cycles to properly recalibrate your battery. Also, make sure you do a factory reset if you haven't already.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  5. SamuelMSr

SamuelMSr New Member

Ok I don't have a razr but I hear a lot of people talk about "recalibrating the battery" and I am not sure how to do that or if I can on the DROID 3.

Any info on that?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
  6. droidshot®

droidshot® New Member

Well that just sucks! Battery life is a big thing for me so i might not download it when it comes next week. I really hate to hear that.
  7. Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom New Member

I'm not sure about the Droid 3. Heres a post with some battery info on the razr from Mr. Battery man.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sm...ussion/212072-bad-habit-charge-overnight.html

8. djspy

djspy Member

I have done the recalibrate and factory data reset. Everything I did before. It's not only me a lot of people with ICS are having the same problem.

One thing i noticed with ICS is everything is always running! I have to force close everything. Oh and the "multi task" swipe to clear apps doesn't close them. it just removes them from the recent apps list.
  9. William_04_x

William_04_x Member

How long have you been on ICS? I don't think I'm getting the battery life I was before the upgrade, but its making it through the day. After 15 1/2 hours, its at 15%, with just a hair under 4 hours of screen time. 4G on all day.

10. busab

busab New Member

I have a T-Mobile galaxy s2. Pre ICS I got 9-10 hours of use. After the upgrade I'm lucky to get 6 with the same usage. :thumbdown:

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2.
  11. djspy

djspy Member

I've had it since Friday night. Did a Factory Data reset on Sunday.
  12. 1BadAction

1BadAction New Member

I'm getting BETTER battery life. 4G on, slacker radio or poweramp playing most of the time.

View attachment 51789
  13. djspy

djspy Member

I am happy for you. You are one of the lucky few. But the good thing is you have a Maxx
  14. jwilly216

jwilly216 New Member

In settings you can choose how many things can be running at once goes as low as one or two apps at a time
  15. kijutsu

kijutsu New Member

Seconded -- Standard Razr here. I noticed it today at work, I stream a lot of Spotify and Subsonic audiobooks off my home server, so I would call that some fairly heavy radio and CPU use. Before I'd get about..ohh.. 4 hours before the 15% warning would kick in. Today I got through about 4 hours while it was plugged in, the remaining 5 hours I had it off the charger doing an audiostream from Spotify -- listened to it on the drive home, another 45 minutes. Just got home, plugged it in and it said it was at 60%.

So... for those that like tl:dr's -- I'm getting a CRAPLOAD better battery life. I'm thinking a lot of you may need a factory reset and/or calibrate the battery. Truthfully I think the overall lack of Blur infesting everything has helped tremendously.

But I do have to note -- I'm finding I need to kill off apps some what frequently compared to Gingerbread. It normally hangs about 70meg of ram free compared to 350+ meg on gingerbread. Which defies all logic.
  16. BillTheCat

BillTheCat New Member

My battery life seems to have improved (RAZR) since the ICS upgrade. Previously, I'd get low enough (40%) during an 8 hour work day running Double Twist for music, WiFi off & 4G on, that I would plug in & recharge after 6 hours or so. Now, I'm getting thru the entire workday with 50-60% battery left.

I, too, have noticed less available memory (RAM) than when I was on Gingerbread.
  17. williamweaver

williamweaver New Member

You should download badass battery monitor and see how long it shows you're getting.
  18. rza49311

rza49311 New Member

So can you freeze apps in ICS? Shouldn't that help battery life?
  19. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

There are some apps (bloat) that you can disable and some that are considered bloat you cannot. To freeze an app you have to be rooted. To disable an app drag it to the top of the screen and a dialog box will open select manage and then select disable.
  20. seant09

seant09 New Member

My battery life seems to have gotten a lot better on my Razr which is nice.

The one problem I have is that it appears the Ringer and Notification volumes are tied to each other or something. I'm on call 24/7 so I need my ringer on but don't want to hear my notifications going off all night for emails/texts, etc. I used to use a simple program called Timeriffic to turn off notifications and only have my ringer on from 11PM - 6AM then at 6AM the notifications turned back on but according to Timeriffic this can't be done on ICS. That's pretty disappointing to me unless I'm just missing something??
Search tags for this page
how to adjust the volume on ice cream

i don't like ice cream sandwich

i don't like ics update
ice cream sandwich bad battery life
ice cream sandwich battery

ice cream sandwich battery life

ice cream sandwich droid razr
ice cream sandwich horrible battery life
ice cream sandwich terrible battery life
ice cream sandwich volume control
ice cream sandwich volumes 6