1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I don't like clockwork recovery and need help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by verian, Apr 13, 2010.

1. verian

verian Guest

I'm sure this is something I should have learned before I added rom manager, I'm still missing some details as I venture along. Now I have clockwork recovery because of rom manager and can't install UD 10. How the heck to I flash back to the SP recovery that was so much simpler? Sorry to wast room on this but I'm really stuck and I search around a little and couldn't find a straight answer. Thanks in advance and sorry If I offended any clockwork lovers but I really don't care for it.
  2. droidman101

droidman101 New Member

On rom manager, there is an option to flash an alternate recovery, click it and it will flash sprecovery. then you have to do everything by hand.
  3. hairdewx

hairdewx New Member

I had clockworkmod and went back to sprecovery by doing what was in this thread

How to update SPrecovery 99.1b to 99.2b - Android Forums

1) Get ahold of the 99.2b(or newer) version of the SPrecovery.img It can be found at sholes.info

2) Put that on the root of your SD Card

3) Download Terminal Emulator off the market. (I used Android Terminal Emulator because 'Terminal Emulator' wouldn't work for me.)

4)Type the following commands into Terminal Emulator. (this is done on your phone)(do not type quotation marks) Hit return between lines.
    "su"
    "flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.2b.img"
    "reboot recovery"
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  4. droidman101

droidman101 New Member

5. droidman101

droidman101 New Member

You really dont follow news dont you? Sholes.info is now droidmod.org. my way is faster, easier, and has no problems. if you dont like rom manager download dmupdater, which flashes sprecovery 0.99.3b automatically download it here:
    DroidMod Updater 11 - DroidMod
  6. verian

verian Guest

Ok that was easy sorry didn't realize it was in the rom manager. After all that I see UD10 is on ROM manager now, I thought I read a post about The BlackDroid dropping rom manager support, and does anyone now how I can't delete this thread now?
  7. droidman101

droidman101 New Member

Bd dropped rom manger support. someone(only one person possible) changed it to allow it on clockwork. do not download it it is not supported by blackdroid.
  8. verian

verian Guest

To LATE, crap!! I'm feeling vary dirty now and feel the need to completely start from scratch and make sure all this craps off my phone <rom manager and the fake BD10> It worked but did a vary strange install process that ended with about 50
    deleting......
    deleting....
    deleting...
    in a row
  9. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

Considering ud10 is actually cyanogenrom then its all good. Just download the real thing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  10. verian

verian Guest

Thanks a lot everyone, really thanks.
Search tags for this page

erasing recovery via terminal emulator

terminal emulator commands android erase recovery