I don't have a themes option on my droid

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by hatemydroid, Apr 14, 2010.

1. hatemydroid

hatemydroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the screen name, but so far, it's true because nothing I've searched for has led me to any answers. When I set up my email (non-gmail) account--no problem there--except for I can't read the emails it downloads, because the background is black, as is the text. In the forum, I've read instructions as to how to change the "theme" in the settings/display menu, but either it doesn't exist on my phone, or none of the instructions are clear as to how to access this. There is NOTHING that refers to themes in my display options. I have the choice to select: orientation, animation, screen brightness, screen timeout, ...that's it. Nothing about themes. None of this is addressed, so far as I can find, in the user's manual. Any help would be much appreciated so I can stop hating the phone I paid a bunch of money for. (This isn't my only issue, but the most aggravating to date, because I've lost a lot of email because of it). Please and thanx.

2. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    First off it looks like you are looking in the display and sound settings area (wrong place). Next, are you using the stock e-mail app or another one (if so what). Second I don't believe there are themes there by default and are loaded by apply a MM or update.zip.

3. RobertDroid

RobertDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are no built-in themes or theme options. You'll have to spend some time reading these forums to learn how to do this. It's not hard, but it will require some time investment.