I could care less about live wallpaper

slinky

Reaction score
Anyone else in? What is the incredible lure? Honestly, I think this is the least useful addition and could probably name 50 more essential features I'd love for them to add into the OS.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use the green smoke adjusted to blue. Looks sharp in SG 5.0 but that's all it does...look smart. It's eye candy and nothing more, as are a lot of the themes. They let you customize the looks of your phone sort of like picking a blue paint job vs red on your car. The colors and themes add zero functionality unless they let you see something easier/faster.

however..Droid Does. List half of the 50 features you wish you had and I bet some folks will come along and post some apps that do what you are looking for for at least half of those.

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
however..Droid Does. List half of the 50 features you wish you had and I bet some folks will come along and post some apps that do what you are looking for for at least half of those.

1. Search the entire phone, including k-9 email (aurora is the only thing close)

2. An MP3 player with a graphic EQ or any EQ.

3. An MP3 player that responds properly to the headphone buttons that many have, e.g. like the iphone, for skip, rewind, stop (it's a total mess on the droid)

4. Ability to reset the shortkeys (doesn't work properly yet on the droid, dedicated phone button lags) and also better not to have to use that second key to press (the search key) in conjunction with another key.

5. Standard dock where you can put links to common items on it (phone, settings, etc.) Yes, there are home screens but this should be unnecessary and part of the OS.

5a. If you don't like that one, how about some decent camera software? Not sure whose fault this is but the Droid (not sure of all Android devices) camera BLOWS.

6. Ability to snooze some but not just all alarms in alerts

7. Ability to set alerts to assigned colors (right now it's a big conflicted mess)

8. Ability to answer the phone without that awful swipe, perhaps by hitting a hardware button... or something easier.

9. RELIABLE OUTLOOK SYNC FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!!!

10. A client that backs up the entire phone's data onto your hard drive automatically.

That's just a top 10 list off the top of my head!

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Because its original and no other mobile phone has it. Its fun to interact with and show off, while not draining the battery

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have it installed because I can but I still intend to go back to stock when 2.1 is officially released. I do agree with the OP, I could live without it.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I didn't think I'd care much for live wallpapers until I rooted and messed around with them. I like squashing roaches and letting the ladybugs crawl away.

pyro6128

Reaction score
"I could care less" means that you do in fact care. However, if you "couldn't care less", it means that you care so very little, that there is no possible way you could reduce the amount you care.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't think I'd care much for live wallpapers until I rooted and messed around with them. I like squashing roaches and letting the ladybugs crawl away.
I must be looking in the wrong place. I have one where bugs crawl around but none I can squish. I must be missing some somehow.

The live wallpapers are ok, but since I O.C. at 1100 Ghz, sometimes the phone gets hot so I go back to a stock wallpaper.

RICKJAMES

Reaction score
I would just sell the phone. Because if you cant see a use in it then its not for you.

Partial EDIT By ADMIN

Last edited by a moderator:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I didn't know there was a "use" for Live walls.

RICKJAMES

Reaction score
Sorry for that but I guess if you get another acct. and say something wrong you can get a response from an Admin........tried on my other acct for days and nothing.

really sorry about that and getting off topic.

JCo352

Reaction score
I gotta say, I just flash 2.1 and the live wallpapers are pretty cool even though I'm not using them.

Brokn68

Reaction score
I would try them out and once the novelty wore off, I'd go back to regular wallpaper.