I can't wait for my New Every 2

OP
General_Lee86

General_Lee86

Reaction score
Guess what I did just now I got them to move my upgrade from February 17 2010 to today so I am gonna order it overnight shipping and through the Verizon site which will be a lot better because the rebates online are instant and I will have it by Monday hopefully which will be very nice!

Last edited:
OP
General_Lee86

General_Lee86

Reaction score
I also forgot to ask when do you usually get tracking information after you order it, on your droid? I have mine on Overnight Delivery!

thetachi488

Reaction score
You also can always threaten to cancel your service this worked for me when i got the BB Storm (Junk Phone). For the droid i tried the same thing it didn't work. I also tried the "I have had 6 of these phones this year" Which was true and that didn't work. So i had to wait till December 20th and use my 1 yr early upgrade.

OP
General_Lee86

General_Lee86

Reaction score
Nope didn't need to do that I got just by asking if I could my upgrade date and it worked so I ordered my phone real early this morning as soon as they opened the phone lines and have it on it overnight shipping so I should be getting it monday or Tuesday! The plus was because of christmas overnight shipping was free! I can't wait till' I get it and hopefully it will be monday so I can have a ton of time playing with it.

jsprings

Reaction score
My NE2 was scheduled for 04/10, but because I went through store manager on my inquiry (I guess) about the phone on day 1, I got the $149 price on mine.

justbob

Reaction score
I don't know if it's too late for you or not, but what I did, was call them and got them to move my date up (I was in Feb 2010 as well) and then I just drove the Verizon store and picked it up.

I got my $50 NE2 credit as well as the $100 rebate, so my net cost on the pone was $149. The only part that sucks is that the rebate isn't a check. It's a Visa debit card.

GrandMasterB

Reaction score
I don't know if it's too late for you or not, but what I did, was call them and got them to move my date up (I was in Feb 2010 as well) and then I just drove the Verizon store and picked it up.

I got my $50 NE2 credit as well as the $100 rebate, so my net cost on the pone was $149. The only part that sucks is that the rebate isn't a check. It's a Visa debit card.

I always order mine through telesales or online. Free overnight Fed-Ex shipping and instant rebates, no mail in rebate nonsense or visa debit cards.

Last edited:
OP
General_Lee86

General_Lee86

Reaction score
:icon_ banana:

I always order mine through telesales or online. Free overnight Fed-Ex shipping and instant rebates, no mail in rebate nonsense or visa debit cards.
I ordered mine straight from verizonwireless.com and got free overnight shipping and overnight shipping and that is how I did it. I am very happy and will be happier when it is in my mail box! Thats for sure which will hopefully be monday.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You can take your rebate to customer service and have them apply it to your account....best of both worlds....

luckmylife

Reaction score
I hate their rebate cards. When I got my BB Curve rebate card I decided to use it as my gas card, and it wouldn't work at any gas stations I tried.

Anyhow, I'm using my early upgrade on the 30th to buy my droid from Best Buy with the Dell price of $119 to price match. Ughh I want my Droid now!!

Quicksilver2002

Reaction score
This makes me upset and jealous!! I'm up for a NE2 on Feb 21. I stop by a verizon store and they told me i couldn't update until then. I then called into CS and asked them if i could do an early upgrade and I was told I couldn't since i have the 39.99 plan. If I had the 49.99 plan I could have upgraded. So then I called back into CS and told them I was having issues with my phone and the only thing they would do for me was give me the 1yr Contract price. I called again and told them i was having issues and they said they would give me the 1 yr price and i told them I was at the point where if they didn't allow me to due an early upgrade that I was going to switch carriers. They told me nuthing could be done and told me that if I back out of my contract I will have to pay $85. So they would rather loose me as a customer then just allowing me a 2 month early upgrade and an extra $30 a month....crazy!

Do you have the higher dollar plan? If not what the heck did you say? I tried nice customer / bad customer and didn't have any luck! lol

KarenElissa

Reaction score
This makes me upset and jealous!! I'm up for a NE2 on Feb 21. I stop by a verizon store and they told me i couldn't update until then. I then called into CS and asked them if i could do an early upgrade and I was told I couldn't since i have the 39.99 plan. If I had the 49.99 plan I could have upgraded. So then I called back into CS and told them I was having issues with my phone and the only thing they would do for me was give me the 1yr Contract price. I called again and told them i was having issues and they said they would give me the 1 yr price and i told them I was at the point where if they didn't allow me to due an early upgrade that I was going to switch carriers. They told me nuthing could be done and told me that if I back out of my contract I will have to pay $85. So they would rather loose me as a customer then just allowing me a 2 month early upgrade and an extra $30 a month....crazy!

Do you have the higher dollar plan? If not what the heck did you say? I tried nice customer / bad customer and didn't have any luck! lol

I had problems getting them to let me upgrade just over a month early. I was also on the cheap plan and they told me the only do early upgrades on the higher plans. I finally went into a store and told them I wanted to upgrade. They started the process and he even said my NE2 date, but I don't think it processed in his head. He they tried to put it through the computer and it didn't work. I went for the nice, but slightly annoyed tactic, and after a bit of run around finally talked him into it, but only for the $199, I lost the NE2 discount. But I wanted the phone, so it was worth it.

OP
General_Lee86

General_Lee86

Reaction score
Thats strange I don't know why they wouldn't do it for you? Maybe it's how long have you been with verizon, maybe something to do with it? also I did it the day after christmas too! Maybe that might of had something to do with it too.

OP
General_Lee86

General_Lee86

Reaction score

I had problems getting them to let me upgrade just over a month early. I was also on the cheap plan and they told me the only do early upgrades on the higher plans. I finally went into a store and told them I wanted to upgrade. They started the process and he even said my NE2 date, but I don't think it processed in his head. He they tried to put it through the computer and it didn't work. I went for the nice, but slightly annoyed tactic, and after a bit of run around finally talked him into it, but only for the $199, I lost the NE2 discount. But I wanted the phone, so it was worth it.
I had the 39.99 plan too.

OP
General_Lee86

General_Lee86

Reaction score
I have finally got my droid yesterday because they were having weather problems so it delayed it a couple days and it is one of the best phones I've ever used and I love it to death and have my yahoo and gmail accounts working very well without any problems so far. I love being able to check all my emails on it it makes it alot more fun!