I can't see wny anyone would want this phone..

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
no replaceable battery.
requires throttling down CPU, screen and connectivity to maintain the ability to make calls throughout the day...

you're right, I cant see why anybody would want it.

then again, thats just a commercial.. A.K.A. HYPE.

wait till it's in the hands of real people before you pass judgement on the device.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It's going to be a hard pick. I'm wondering if vzw will lower the Bionics price to $249.

Then again vzw original 4G phones (Rev,Charge, and TB) were pretty much identical. So who knows.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
The non replaceable battery pretty much makes it useless for modding. However, I will proly get this phone for my wife. She dosn't do any of the modding crap and she loves how thin it is. She is rocking my OG droid right now, and want's an I-thingy. So I will proly give her the RAZR just to keep her away from the stupid I-thingy!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Different strokes for different folks. The RAZR isn't leaps and bounds ahead of the Bionic so I don't see what all the issues with it are. They are similar, but each has a niche to fill.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most people are not modders.

As to buying your wife an IPhone I would do it. Then you give her control over it and you won't have to deal with it.

My wife hated her OG Droid and ended up with an IPhone 4 which I supported. She just wasn't the type of person who wanted to deal with android.

You have admit though it's a sexy nice phone.

VZW will probable reduce the price of the Bionic soon.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's just a commercial.

No replaceable battery is fine as long as you get good battery life.

I don't know where you get it's throttling down the CPU - at 1.2 it's actually throttling it up.

If anything the throttling will be the connectivity much like the Bionic has with the Data options.

I wouldn't get the RAZR until I see it in the wild. If it crashes and the reset doesn't work then it's a no go. If the battery life stinks it's a no go. Otherwise I love it.

no replaceable battery.
requires throttling down CPU, screen and connectivity to maintain the ability to make calls throughout the day...

you're right, I cant see why anybody would want it.

then again, thats just a commercial.. A.K.A. HYPE.

wait till it's in the hands of real people before you pass judgement on the device.

tcayton49

Reaction score
ahhh...another "Razr is better than Bionic" thread. Can't get enough of these.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
In defense of the RAZR, and given my somewhat brutal post yesterday, I will say this:

I wish my Bionic's back cover was made of the same material that the RAZR has. While I haven't had a problem with it yet, I miss the slightly more durable feel of the D1. Also, it looked like there was a dedicated camera button? above the volume rocker in the commercial. I'll admit, that would be nice since sometimes my Bionic and I don't get along when trying to take pictures. However, those few things do not make up for an otherwise "meh" device. Non-removable battery, small jump in clock speed, a screen that probably won't be as view-able as the Bionic's in direct sunlight. And the shape...a touch too Droid Photon for my tastes around the edges. But the thinness of the device will appeal to a lot of people, and if it wins us more from the iOS camp, I'm all for it. Android will, eventually, take over the world after all.

ghart53

Reaction score
I believe that button above the volume keys is the power button, not a camera button.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
I believe that button above the volume keys is the power button, not a camera button.

That's disappointing if true. Though after looking at the shots again, that does make more sense given that it's above the volume rocker and not below it.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
No replaceable battery is fine as long as you get good battery life.

Yeah that's pretty true about any phone. I was used to recharging once a week with my Voyager and that changed to daily with my OG Droid even with the extended battery.

Of course I don't live where you do and as I live in a valley no battery lasts long when I'm at home.

nikecar

Reaction score
[video=youtube;XGyp6dS6zqk]http://youtu.be/XGyp6dS6zqk[/video]

I can't see why anyone wouldn't post this in the correct forum.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.