I can't help but laugh at those who try to pump the Bionic over the Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
The fact is we don't know when the Bionic is coming. I would rather have a great phone that makes full use of its software with unlimited 4g on a one year contract and get a proper multicore phone in 10 months.... than wait for something that might be slightly faster once its OS is optimized, probably have to sacrifice unlimited 4g, and have to watch better phones come out for 2 years. Yes dual core helps with battery, but not much at all. I don't know if anyone realized this, but the atrix is only getting about 25 percent more battery life than the Thunderbolt, AND ITS NOT EVEN ON 4g YET, so its battery life will be even worse once AT&T puts it on its "4g" network, which is still a lot less demanding that LTE, so I really don't know if the Bionic will be much better on battery after all.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

52brandon

Reaction score
HDMI out is a benefit, but I like the DLNA more. HDMI requires a wired connection, while DLNA is wireless. And, if you don't have DLNA tv, adapters are available.

I agree, however, DLNA has been choppy trying to stream video through my ps3. Music works great, video, not so much. Probably will get worked out though

UNC

Reaction score
Yeah... Sorry, I just can't help but to laugh at these people. They keep pumping up the dual core as if its this huge advance and that it automatically makes the TBolt a "dinosaur" (quote from a moderator on the main board).

Sorry, this is a quality phone. This is a damn good phone and will be around a while. Its already been rooted, the battery problems are manageable (I'm getting 20 hours a charge over a week of use while constantly being on GTalk, Handscent, and Gmail) and overstated, and it runs Sense, which helps to speed up the UI instead of slow it down. Oh, and lets not forget that this device is the new flagship of HTC.

The Bionic will have Blur, will never be rooted, and even before it comes out, its already an outdated phone on Moto's own line.

Sorry, I just don't see it. Dual core is new, and will likely lead to a TON of problems. If you think there are battery problems with the TBolt, just imagine what it would be if it was trying to power TWO processors instead of one.

The Bionic will be better than the bolt. Battery life will be MUCH better, as will performance...

52brandon

Reaction score
Yeah... Sorry, I just can't help but to laugh at these people. They keep pumping up the dual core as if its this huge advance and that it automatically makes the TBolt a "dinosaur" (quote from a moderator on the main board).

Sorry, this is a quality phone. This is a damn good phone and will be around a while. Its already been rooted, the battery problems are manageable (I'm getting 20 hours a charge over a week of use while constantly being on GTalk, Handscent, and Gmail) and overstated, and it runs Sense, which helps to speed up the UI instead of slow it down. Oh, and lets not forget that this device is the new flagship of HTC.

The Bionic will have Blur, will never be rooted, and even before it comes out, its already an outdated phone on Moto's own line.

Sorry, I just don't see it. Dual core is new, and will likely lead to a TON of problems. If you think there are battery problems with the TBolt, just imagine what it would be if it was trying to power TWO processors instead of one.

The Bionic will be better than the bolt. Battery life will be MUCH better, as will performance...
that remians to be seen. With the kernels we are bound to see in the future for the TB and how locked down the bionic actually will be. I do agree that the hardware you start with, the bionic has a pretty significant advantage though

champaned_out

Reaction score
Anyone else tired of these pointless threads, with the same people defending the same points?
I believe both phones have their pros and cons
One phone is better than the other depending on what each person values more.... On paper yes the bionic looks better overall but there are still some things the thunderbolt has the bionic wont

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
no

the hdmi out on the bionic is VERY appealing to me and my needs/wants :)

I believe Htc is coming out with an adapter to make the micro usb an hdmi out. I know that's how it will be on the EVO 3D.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

no per HTC the thunderbolt is not hdmi out compatible. the usb port that is in the thundrbolt is not the same as the incredible and is not capable of hdmi per the folks at htc. the new devices that have this are using a new port called hml. which has a switch in it when a usb feed is plugged in that it does its usb thing if hdmi signal is detected than they change to hdmi out. pretty interesting of course none of our other devices support the full benfits yet as usual :)

Samsung Galaxy S II first with MHL port for dual-purpose USB or HDMI out (video) -- Engadget

i hope for everyone that the htc people are wrong but they told me that the thunderbolt is not capable of hdmi out.

slinky

Reaction score
no per HTC the thunderbolt is not hdmi out compatible. the usb port that is in the thundrbolt is not the same as the incredible and is not capable of hdmi per the folks at htc. the new devices that have this are using a new port called hml. which has a switch in it when a usb feed is plugged in that it does its usb thing if hdmi signal is detected than they change to hdmi out. pretty interesting of course none of our other devices support the full benfits yet as usual :)
It's pretty clear that the folks at HTC decided to sell the THunderbolt and include "crapware" in the phone to make it cheaper by cutting major corners. The missing RAM, mediocre micro-USB with no HDMI (despite the spec) and a miniscule powered battery. After the Thunderbolt I plan on not buying an HTC phone again. Sense has been good but now that the others have caught on, HTC will no longer rule and will have screwed up a good thing. These big corporation executives are all the same. Can't build a great mousetrap for fear of not squeezing out every penny they can get from consumers. No pride, no shame.

52brandon

Reaction score
After the Thunderbolt I plan on not buying an HTC phone again

I'm the exact opposite. I bought the TB after they released the kernel source. Instead of locking owners out of their own devices, the thunderbolt is a true open source device and I will support the company from that decision alone. And I came from the D1 which was one of the greatest devices ever released

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
yeah

I'm the exact opposite. I bought the TB after they released the kernel source. Instead of locking owners out of their own devices, the thunderbolt is a true open source device and I will support the company from that decision alone. And I came from the D1 which was one of the greatest devices ever released

yeah taht why i ws thinking about getting the thunderbolt but the lack of hdmi was a killer for me its just something i want. I think its a fine phone although has some problems but im sure most will get fixed. but i do continue to read of poor reception which if you do any searching at all htc has a history of poor attenna's. i really want the s2 but wont wait until november to upgrade so just have to wait and see what hits.

52brandon

Reaction score

yeah taht why i ws thinking about getting the thunderbolt but the lack of hdmi was a killer for me its just something i want. I think its a fine phone although has some problems but im sure most will get fixed. but i do continue to read of poor reception which if you do any searching at all htc has a history of poor attenna's. i really want the s2 but wont wait until november to upgrade so just have to wait and see what hits.

I haven't had any problems personally. But I do live in a big city. And I think DLNA has a lot of promise to be better than HDMI

jeremycnly

Reaction score
I'm sorry but HTC EVO 3D is gonna be the new flagship for HTC and run circles around the Thunderbolt. The real battle is gonna be between it and Bionic. This is gonna be a hot summer

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Pumaro

Reaction score
What is the big attraction to using DLNA or hdmi from a phone. If I want to see a high quality video I will throw in a blue ray disc.
If you just want to share a video that you took from the phone I'm sure DLNA will be good enough since the phone camera won't have a quality lenses or be using a 3 cmos sensor.

sent via ThunderBolt

MrKleen

Reaction score
I'm sorry but HTC EVO 3D is gonna be the new flagship for HTC and run circles around the Thunderbolt. The real battle is gonna be between it and Bionic. This is gonna be a hot summer

You have to be kidding. Isn't the EVO on Sprint? What does that have to do with Verizon?

But if you want to compare the EVO to the Bionic that's easy. The EVO will probably unlocked which makes it superior immediately. For the same reason the Thunderbolt is a better choice for many people.

If having the phone open is not important to someone I would be surprised if the rest of the specs would matter to them. For instance, my wife could care less about what processor is in her phone. She just wants it to do what she wants.

cpjr

Reaction score

If having the phone open is not important to someone I would be surprised if the rest of the specs would matter to them. For instance, my wife could care less about what processor is in her phone. She just wants it to do what she wants.

I have to completely disagree with you there. You cant blindly put a blanket assumption down over someone's opinion.

There is a big difference between hardware specs and software specs. Android being "open" is software....and whether that is important to someone doesnt mean hardware is or is not.

Now, I want android to stay open, but I also want good devices, they are BOTH important to me and I wouldnt settle for just one or the other and be completely happy.

But its all personal opinion, to each his own.

jeremycnly

Reaction score
You have to be kidding. Isn't the EVO on Sprint? What does that have to do with Verizon?

But if you want to compare the EVO to the Bionic that's easy. The EVO will probably unlocked which makes it superior immediately. For the same reason the Thunderbolt is a better choice for many people.

Exactly, only reason I'm throwing the evo in kis because its an android phone. Is this a verizon only forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.