I can't help but laugh at those who try to pump the Bionic over the Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

borq646

Reaction score
Different strokes, different folks. The TB is a fantastic phone and I'm not even rooted.

I'm sure the Bionic will be good too. And with any technology, by the time you buy it, it is outdated. It's just how it goes.

Oh, and they are JUST PHONES THAT DO OTHER STUFF. It's not like they cure cancer.

The way people freak out about them you'd think they gave handies in the alley or something.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
i thought

Different strokes, different folks. The TB is a fantastic phone and I'm not even rooted.

I'm sure the Bionic will be good too. And with any technology, by the time you buy it, it is outdated. It's just how it goes.

Oh, and they are JUST PHONES THAT DO OTHER STUFF. It's not like they cure cancer.

The way people freak out about them you'd think they gave handies in the alley or something.

i think i read that the droid 3 offers that.

borq646

Reaction score

i think i read that the droid 3 offers that.

Well, I may have to trade in my TB!

rage151

Reaction score
will never be rooted

you mean like the Droid X and Droid 2 that were said to "never be rooted" but are now rooted and ROM'd?

You can do more with the Thunderbolt than any of the Motorola phones.. The ability to flash custom kernels is a big plus.

While I like Motorola phones, the reason I left my Droid X was the ability to flash real roms.

This is reason enough to choose the thunderbolt over moto. If you don't care about roms then it will be a matter of which phone you like better. Any of the phones any more are awesome...
Or, one could choose Moto if they want a phone with good reception and great call quality. The TB doesn't even come close the Moto in these areas. If you need a phone more for data/media usage, I guess either would suffice.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

borq646

Reaction score
you mean like the Droid X and Droid 2 that were said to "never be rooted" but are now rooted and ROM'd?

You can do more with the Thunderbolt than any of the Motorola phones.. The ability to flash custom kernels is a big plus.

While I like Motorola phones, the reason I left my Droid X was the ability to flash real roms.

This is reason enough to choose the thunderbolt over moto. If you don't care about roms then it will be a matter of which phone you like better. Any of the phones any more are awesome...
Or, one could choose Moto if they want a phone with good reception and great call quality. The TB doesn't even come close the Moto in these areas. If you need a phone more for data/media usage, I guess either would suffice.

Reception? I've had zero reception issues either voice or data (3g or 4g). People have issues?

leonozug

Reaction score
Beardface must have used a time travel machine and gone into the future a few months ahead of where we are now, and seems to have physically tried out a Bionic. This must be true, cause he seems to know from first hand experience that the Thunderbolt is WAYYYY better. Totally amazing!! While you're at it man, get me some winning powerball numbers when you visit the future next time!! :)

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The tbolt is an outdated phone. It was supposed to have been out 4-6 months ago along with the merge. Now they are new phones on dated technology. The x had overclock without custom kernels by using scripts. 2.3doesnt utilize dual core well but dual core phones will be we able to run honeycomb. The tbolt will probably not be able to.

LavaJava

Reaction score
Love the TB

Love the TB form/build, etc. Gorgeous screen, that while it is lower resolution than the Bionic, it looks better and is easier to see.... reviews also report the same. I use the kickstand constantly and now can't imagine a phone without it. Yes, Bionic has dual core and larger battery, but I really prefer HTC Sense over all other Android presentations, the phone is plenty fast for me, and the battery life can be greatly increased with "bump charging." Be aware, however, that experts agree that while bump charging works, it will mean that you will probably have to replace batteries more often.

And, of course, as many of you have pointed out, all of these phones are outdated as soon as they come out. So far, however, I think I'll really enjoy this phone for 2 years.

BTW, anyone know if/where HTC Charging & Dock cradles are available?

OP
Beardface

Beardface

Reaction score
Love the TB form/build, etc. Gorgeous screen, that while it is lower resolution than the Bionic, it looks better and is easier to see.... reviews also report the same. I use the kickstand constantly and now can't imagine a phone without it. Yes, Bionic has dual core and larger battery, but I really prefer HTC Sense over all other Android presentations, the phone is plenty fast for me, and the battery life can be greatly increased with "bump charging." Be aware, however, that experts agree that while bump charging works, it will mean that you will probably have to replace batteries more often.

And, of course, as many of you have pointed out, all of these phones are outdated as soon as they come out. So far, however, I think I'll really enjoy this phone for 2 years.

BTW, anyone know if/where HTC Charging & Dock cradles are available?
The Dock isn't out, yet.

LavaJava

Reaction score
HDMI out

HDMI out is a benefit, but I like the DLNA more. HDMI requires a wired connection, while DLNA is wireless. And, if you don't have DLNA tv, adapters are available.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
the hdmi out on the bionic is VERY appealing to me and my needs/wants :)

I believe Htc is coming out with an adapter to make the micro usb an hdmi out. I know that's how it will be on the EVO 3D.

Status
Not open for further replies.