I can't help but laugh at those who try to pump the Bionic over the Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardface

Reaction score
Yeah... Sorry, I just can't help but to laugh at these people. They keep pumping up the dual core as if its this huge advance and that it automatically makes the TBolt a "dinosaur" (quote from a moderator on the main board).

Sorry, this is a quality phone. This is a damn good phone and will be around a while. Its already been rooted, the battery problems are manageable (I'm getting 20 hours a charge over a week of use while constantly being on GTalk, Handscent, and Gmail) and overstated, and it runs Sense, which helps to speed up the UI instead of slow it down. Oh, and lets not forget that this device is the new flagship of HTC.

The Bionic will have Blur, will never be rooted, and even before it comes out, its already an outdated phone on Moto's own line.

Sorry, I just don't see it. Dual core is new, and will likely lead to a TON of problems. If you think there are battery problems with the TBolt, just imagine what it would be if it was trying to power TWO processors instead of one.

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah... Sorry, I just can't help but to laugh at these people. They keep pumping up the dual core as if its this huge advance and that it automatically makes the TBolt a "dinosaur" (quote from a moderator on the main board).

Sorry, this is a quality phone. This is a damn good phone and will be around a while. Its already been rooted, the battery problems are manageable (I'm getting 20 hours a charge over a week of use while constantly being on GTalk, Handscent, and Gmail) and overstated, and it runs Sense, which helps to speed up the UI instead of slow it down. Oh, and lets not forget that this device is the new flagship of HTC.

The Bionic will have Blur, will never be rooted, and even before it comes out, its already an outdated phone on Moto's own line.

Sorry, I just don't see it. Dual core is new, and will likely lead to a TON of problems. If you think there are battery problems with the TBolt, just imagine what it would be if it was trying to power TWO processors instead of one.

Bionic vs tb is all about pref to me I tried the tb didn't like it gonna try the charge and the bionic and find what fits me

Can't wait for football LETS GO BUFFALO!!! oh yeah i tapatalked

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it's funny because both phones will be outdated by the end of the year. People are dropping 5 to 600 for a phone that will most likely be outclassed in a few short months. With all these Dual Core, DDR2 phones coming they don't stand a chance.

But that is how it goes.....look how many just bought the iphone4 when VZW dropped it.....the iphone5 is what....2 months away?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
sure wish I owned a cell phone company....that is one heck of a tactic to make money....sell phone...as soon as you sell a bunch of them drop the new line.

dafischman

Reaction score

I agree that the TBolt is a very nice phone, and I'm very likely going to jump on one since I can still get the 1 year contract. I like Sense UI far more than my small experience with MotoBlur, but supposedly the Bionic will come with a light version of MotoBlur.

As far as rooting goes, the Bionic will likely get rooted, it just won't be able to replace the kernal, so Roms will be limited and there will be no overclocking and such. As far as being outdated, both of these phones had/will have better phones out at release. Such is the nature of tech.

I don't see why people keep saying Dual Core will lead to a TON of problems. We already have the Xoom with the dual core, and no issues caused by it. The Atrix is out with the same exact chip, and no issues caused by it. What are these Ton of problems that you for see? And once again we can look at the Atrix and the Xoom and see that the processors are unlikely to have battery life issues caused by the CPU. As has been stated repeatedly by people that know more than I, the Dual Core will save battery. Add to that a huge stock battery, and this is likely to be a non issue.

All that said, the peeing contest between the TB's and the Bionic's is stupid. Get the phone that you like and who cares what the other guy has. Like I said, I'm likely going with the TB because the trade offs are in its favor. I would prefer the 1yr contract so I can upgrade to the next great thing next year rather than in 20 months. The battery life has me a little concerned, but I'll play with it for 2 weeks and see if I can live with it. That said, if I found out the Bionic was gonna be out next Thursday, before the 1yr contracts disappear, I'd be hard pressed not to jump on it for 1 year.

Josh

EgooEspada

Reaction score

I love my Thunderbolt, but in a lot of cases the Bionic is better. Besides dual core, you have faster RAM, a huge 1930mAh battery, Motorola's quality and the newer Blur is actually better than Sense UI now. You have to use it to see that. The Bionic's battery life will most likely run circles around the Thunderbolt's.

With that said, there's always going to be better. I got the Thunderbolt on a 1 year contract because of that very reason. I wanted to finally upgrade and take advantage of the unlimited data. I know theres going to be something amazing coming in the Fall and have my eyes set on that. So I don't regret my choice and most likely wont.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
flagship ??

i think its a preference and how long you wnat to wait. of course the day you buy a new phone the latest better thing will be announced the second you sign the dotted line. But thunderbolt being the flagship thats just not accurate. It is the flagship on verizon who for some reason has become a 2nd teir company for getting the latest phones. what i mean is htc has better phones coming in a short period for sprint. already have pretty much the same phone as the thunderbolt for att but 150 dollars cheaper on attt(not sure if it comes with the 32gig card on att). the htc evo3d is their premeir phone and will be out shortly for sprint. even if you dont care about the 3d part as i dont the phone has some great specs. nothing wrong with the thunderbolt but it is far from their flagship device. is that same as the bionic its a dumbed down version of their flagship products which is all verizon has seem to be getting latley.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I think the Atrix was rooted within the first week. I'm sure the Bionic will be as well. Can wait to see GB (leaked or OTA) on that baby!

slinky

Reaction score
I could see a phone like the Thunderbolt lasting someone 3-4 years if it works. What more do you really need? "Outdated?"

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
true

I could see a phone like the Thunderbolt lasting someone 3-4 years if it works. What more do you really need? "Outdated?"

although true outdated is also true. my brother still has a dumb phone and had it for 4 years and hes happy with it. many people that get the thunderbolt will be happy with it for a long time. im thinking the galaxy s2, evo 3d and such line of phones will keep me happy for a long time. i was very clode to getting a thunderbolt but lack of hdmi out was the killer for me. for those that dont want that than i think the thunderbolt is a fine phone but it is indeed older tech when you compare with what is coming out within less than 2 months of its release.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I must admit that this is going to be a tough decision for those that are trying to make it. As others have said....this is going to come down to preference.

but the wisest comment thus far was this....just get the phone that YOU like and don't worry about the rest.

MrKleen

Reaction score
will never be rooted

you mean like the Droid X and Droid 2 that were said to "never be rooted" but are now rooted and ROM'd?

You can do more with the Thunderbolt than any of the Motorola phones.. The ability to flash custom kernels is a big plus.

While I like Motorola phones, the reason I left my Droid X was the ability to flash real roms.

This is reason enough to choose the thunderbolt over moto. If you don't care about roms then it will be a matter of which phone you like better. Any of the phones any more are awesome...

Last edited:

MissSpiffy

Reaction score
I agree that the TBolt is a very nice phone, and I'm very likely going to jump on one since I can still get the 1 year contract. I like Sense UI far more than my small experience with MotoBlur, but supposedly the Bionic will come with a light version of MotoBlur.

As far as rooting goes, the Bionic will likely get rooted, it just won't be able to replace the kernal, so Roms will be limited and there will be no overclocking and such. As far as being outdated, both of these phones had/will have better phones out at release. Such is the nature of tech.

I don't see why people keep saying Dual Core will lead to a TON of problems. We already have the Xoom with the dual core, and no issues caused by it. The Atrix is out with the same exact chip, and no issues caused by it. What are these Ton of problems that you for see? And once again we can look at the Atrix and the Xoom and see that the processors are unlikely to have battery life issues caused by the CPU. As has been stated repeatedly by people that know more than I, the Dual Core will save battery. Add to that a huge stock battery, and this is likely to be a non issue.

All that said, the peeing contest between the TB's and the Bionic's is stupid. Get the phone that you like and who cares what the other guy has. Like I said, I'm likely going with the TB because the trade offs are in its favor. I would prefer the 1yr contract so I can upgrade to the next great thing next year rather than in 20 months. The battery life has me a little concerned, but I'll play with it for 2 weeks and see if I can live with it. That said, if I found out the Bionic was gonna be out next Thursday, before the 1yr contracts disappear, I'd be hard pressed not to jump on it for 1 year.

Josh

The reason why the XOOM works so well with its dual core is because IT RUNS ON 3.0 Honeycomb which was DESIGNED to run a dual core.

You can't compare the XOOM on 3.0 to an Andoid on 2.2 or even 2.3. SOFTWARE MEANS EVERYTHING, and the software isn't there yet for dual core. In THEORY dual core, of course, kicks butt. But what about in regular practice? Most phones are released well before the software updates come out that make them what they were advertised to be. So I repeat, get something that excites you now, or you'll always be waiting.

Lastly, people need to stop complaining about this whole issue of companies releasing stuff every six months. The bottom line is that there is HUGE and CONSTANT demand for bigger and better. The technology is making leaps and bounds as far as fitting this stuff in something that fits in your pocket. It's just the way it's going to be. Your goal should be picking the phone that works for you now, that you know you can live with for 1-2 years. HTC and motorola have both made phones that have held their own for a year and people are still buying...case in point the Droid, Incredible, Droid 2, X, EVO...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.