i cant get rid of the system update avaible message

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by astscott, Dec 31, 2010.

1. astscott

astscott Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I rooted my phone. And I can't get it to leave me alone.

2. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +35
    Your recovery should block the install. You could also install a custom ROM and that'll stop the notification.

DroidForums junkie!!

3. astscott

astscott Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah it blocks it from installing but the notifcation nevrer leaves me alone

i rooted my droid then had to get a replacment so i rooted the new droid with the same sd card and i never did a nandroid backup after switching to my new one and i did a restore from when my first droid was rooted so now iam back to the begining i think i should start over? and update everything then re root
    bc all the apps that i got backed up were all old versions

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I'd unroot, let it update then just root again.

5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    If you are currently rooted (I couldn't tell for sure from your post), I just install a custom rom and let your apps update via the market. Try to do the app updates when the phone is connected to wifi as it will be much faster.

6. Billyd

Billyd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This may help some others although I have no idea of why it has worked.

I have been rather elated with my Droid1 and Android after years of seem edits and all the associated tools etc. The Droid has been a blessing.

Knowing I would eventually root for all the benefits I have been putting it off and enjoying the multitude of work a rounds for needed access like tethering via PdaNet and Webshare for easy file manipulation.

None the less, I rooted a few weeks ago and of course like others almost immediately started getting nags to upgrade. After carefully avoiding them for a week or so I awoke in a daze one morning with a call and in fumbling with my Droid without glasses I saw what looked like a screen full of text as if I had accidentally initiated the upgrade process which I had been so carefully avoiding. My first instinct was PULL the bat which I did and after rebooting not only was all fine but I no longer was receiving upgrade nags.

That lasted about a week and in the market one day the upgrade got initiated again but as luck would have it I went through the same scenario, pulling battery to stop what I thought was an upgrade attempt and after rebooting all was good again (knock on wood) as has been for about 3 weeks now.

Please note: This is not meant to be instructions or tut as I honestly am not sure as to exactly what was running both times. But it did look like possibly the preparation phase of an upgrade.

Ya Ya, I know I need to go ahead and upgrade and reboot but I'm hoping our Gingerbread is out soon so I can get it all done at once and for a while.

Apologies for the long post :soapbox:
    X/BillyD..

7. crazyjoker2

crazyjoker2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    get a rom, there are many that are awesome. UD 2.5 is my favorite. do a titanium backup, do a nandroid backup and flash away

Search tags for this page
android system update paused

cant get rid of updating system software on sky

droid phone system update paused
get rid of download message on android
how get rid of android update message
how to get rid of the system update available msg
how to get rid of the verizon update message

how to get rid of updating system ,sky

ls990 rid system update
s3 getting rid of system update message