I Can't Find This In the Manual

hatchin

Reaction score
This is my first HTC phone and I love it so far. The only issue so far is the bottom buttons (Home, Settings, Back, and Search) the buttons are so sensitive that if I just hover over the buttons they activate. Is there a way to turn down the sensitivity on these buttons? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, those buttons cannot be adjusted regarding sensitivity.

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
Ok, I guess I will have to root it since my friend with a Thundervolt can change his setting :)

luckybadback

Reaction score
That happens with the Thunderbolt as well. If you breath to hard near those buttons you will change screens to whichever button interpreted the pressure as a keypress. I had to send back TB after a day of dealing with this frustrating behavior.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
My local Verizon store just finally got the clear screen protectors in for the Rezound yesterday made by Steinheil and after I installed it the bottom buttons don't activate if I have a finger slightly over the buttons. The buttons still work perfectly though if I touch them so that issue is fixed.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Good to know. My OG had that behavior after I removed the screen protector. It became very sensitive. very strange when you would hand someone your phone to see something and suddenly everything changed on the screen, lol

luckybadback

Reaction score
Keeping it Real

I am writing this as a followup to a previous post regarding button sensitivity on the Rezound and TB. To show I am not critcising a brand but only certain features I have returned the RAZR which I used to write the review and I am back to my Droid X for now. I was having issues with wifi setup and dropping data connection when in 3D mode. I went to the Verizon store last night and the Rezound may be worth a shot or it will be the Galaxy Prime formerly known as the Nexus which hits the stores according best buy on dec 2nd next friday. Lastly the rep at Verizon had a Rezound and I had my Droid X, we did a test, we both brought up the same you tube video, and played the video side by side, the Droid X not only had a better display with true HD vibrancy but the sound was better. The young guy at the store looked like he had just lost his best friend. We did another three HD videos and not once could he even make a comment aboit the Rezound performing better. I know this is only one aspect and I do want a dual core processor as I use my phone as my portable gaming device and do use Netflix a bit. Droid X is the winner by technical KO by a score of 4 to 0. "LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE" HAVE A NICE HOLIDAY ALL!

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
I just gave my wife my Droid X and it is by far the best phone I have had up to this Rezound. I returned 2 Bionics with internet issues and speaker problems and went back to the X. I looked at the RAZR at the store and hated the pintel style screen like the Bionic had so I got this rezound. This is the only phone in my opinion that is as good as the X and adds 4g. The cameras on this phone are amazing for a phone, my 4g pulls up to 30mb download (average of about 18mp dl), and still does everything my X did.

luckybadback

Reaction score
Quick Question

I just gave my wife my Droid X and it is by far the best phone I have had up to this Rezound. I returned 2 Bionics with internet issues and speaker problems and went back to the X. I looked at the RAZR at the store and hated the pintel style screen like the Bionic had so I got this rezound. This is the only phone in my opinion that is as good as the X and adds 4g. The cameras on this phone are amazing for a phone, my 4g pulls up to 30mb download (average of about 18mp dl), and still does everything my X did.

Do do any gaming on your phone, do you watch video or movies, how much space is available for apps internally, and finally does that 1.5 dual core scream, I would imagine no problems with any apps as of today. Would I be correct. If you could let me know I would appreciate it. I am reall thinking of going to the store and getting one and pounding on it all weekend. If good keep it, if not return and pickup

The long awaited prime next friday. Decisions Decisions

didiwags

Reaction score

I agree. I had the Droid X and I loved it. But the Rezound far outdoes the X. I noticed right away how much faster the Rezound is and the display is better too! I keep going back and forth on selling my X! LOL

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
I only play drag racing and angry birds so no hard core games but any app I have used so far is super smooth and nothing seems to slow this phone down. If I fast forward to any part of a movie it plays immediately. This is a way better phone than the Nexas will be in my opinion. We have another upgrade in March and I will get her another phone so I can have my X back as a back up :)

luckybadback

Reaction score
Well I wanted to let you know I picked up the Rezound last night and this is the first phone that I am truly as happy with or even happier with than my trust Droid X which I will keep as a backup, plus my daughter loves to play games on it. Everyone, but particuliarly you made it sound like it was worth a try and I have ZERO complaints. The Prime is going to be nice however it does not support flash at the moment and that is the by product of having a new device with an in-market tested operating system. I prefer having the best hardware now and when ICS gets the bugs worked out we will receive a more mature O/S with less bugs. As I had been researching the newer phones for the last few months and I eas a lot as I am disbled I have to be honest and say I never thought I would end up with this phone after I had the HTC Thunderbolt with extended battery which made the phone very uncomfortable to use and also forced you to hold the with your fingers over the volume button when in landscape mode, which would end up adjusting the volume without me realising it. There was so many other things I disliked and I always like the way HTC phones looked and heard good things about other phones of theirs. Finally I think after eight phones I have found a phone that does everthing it is supposed to do, and has a display as good as the iPhone, actually a better screen because bigger is better. I am not an Apple hater, I enjoy my IPad 2 throughly and spend ten to twelve hours a day killing brain cells and other zombies, soldiers,race car driver, etc...HTC WINS THIS ROUND OF NEW PHONES
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
I am glad you like the phone. I have 3 friends with HTC phones (incredible, Evo, and Thunderbolt) and I don't really care for any of these. I am a Motorola man after getting the Droid X and not having any major issues with it and the durability is amazing. I then upgraded to the Bionic and when I was in a small town in California and needed directions and the phone had no internet I stopped at a store to buy a map (I didn't bring one because I had a $600 phone in my pocket so I shouldn't need one). No store in this town sold maps so I called a friend to have him Google some directions for me and then I got pulled over for being on my phone while driving. At this point I was pissed and while the cop was running my info my wife got a text and she realized her phone had 1X internet service (my phone had 3 bars of service for calls and no internet). We then used her Droid 2 to get back home. I looked on Motorola's website and the specs don't include 1X so I called them and they said that 1X will be going away and 3g will be the slow internet in the small towns since 4g has come out so they didn't put a 1X antenna in the phone. The speaker broke in the phone after that so I took it back and the manager talked me into exchanging it. The second Bionic locked up within a day and even after battery pulls as soon as I went online it would lock the whole phone up (And I hated the pintel screen) so I retuened that one. The RAZR has a non removable battery and I like to have a spare charged battery on vacations, it still has the pintel screen, and doesn't mention 1X so I went to the store to check out the Rezound and it has an awesome screen, an excellent front and rear facing camera, 1X, and 4g so I decided I would try it and I love the phone. I have used 1X internet twice already in a week (its slow but it is better then no internet like the Bionic and RAZR) on this phone so Motorola screwed up in my opinion getting rid of that antenna on their phones prematurely.

luckybadback

Reaction score
Screen Durability?

I am glad you like the phone. I have 3 friends with HTC phones (incredible, Evo, and Thunderbolt) and I don't really care for any of these. I am a Motorola man after getting the Droid X and not having any major issues with it and the durability is amazing. I then upgraded to the Bionic and when I was in a small town in California and needed directions and the phone had no internet I stopped at a store to buy a map (I didn't bring one because I had a $600 phone in my pocket so I shouldn't need one). No store in this town sold maps so I called a friend to have him Google some directions for me and then I got pulled over for being on my phone while driving. At this point I was pissed and while the cop was running my info my wife got a text and she realized her phone had 1X internet service (my phone had 3 bars of service for calls and no internet). We then used her Droid 2 to get back home. I looked on Motorola's website and the specs don't include 1X so I called them and they said that 1X will be going away and 3g will be the slow internet in the small towns since 4g has come out so they didn't put a 1X antenna in the phone. The speaker broke in the phone after that so I took it back and the manager talked me into exchanging it. The second Bionic locked up within a day and even after battery pulls as soon as I went online it would lock the whole phone up (And I hated the pintel screen) so I retuened that one. The RAZR has a non removable battery and I like to have a spare charged battery on vacations, it still has the pintel screen, and doesn't mention 1X so I went to the store to check out the Rezound and it has an awesome screen, an excellent front and rear facing camera, 1X, and 4g so I decided I would try it and I love the phone. I have used 1X internet twice already in a week (its slow but it is better then no internet like the Bionic and RAZR) on this phone so Motorola screwed up in my opinion getting rid of that antenna on their phones prematurely.

What do you make of all the threads being posted about the screen being susceptable to scrathing. I know last week it was a big story that the upcoming Samsung Prime did not use gorilla glass and now there is a lot of talk about the Rezound which is the best phone on the market at the moment not having a scratch resistant screen. I do not know what to make of it. I had my DX since the day they came out and used that phone many hours a day and never used a screen protector and the phone could pass for new including the screen. I do not know what material was used back then but I do not think it is a major issue. I am not going to try and scratch the phone intentionally. What do you think?

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
There was a thread that a guy talked to HTC on the online chat and they confirmed that it has a simular screen to the Gorilla Glass that is not scratchable but I called them and they said it doesn't mention that the screen is scratch resistent. I compared the screen to my friends Thunderbolt and my screen is definately a differn't material but I have seen people on this forum state that it scratches. I hate screen protectors because they usually take away from the clearity of the screen but Verizon just got a clear pack of 3 instock for $12.99 and Steinheil makes them for Verizon and I bought those and it doesn't take away from the clearity. I wasn't going to use one but I don't want to chance it. I wish Motorola wouldn't have went to the pintel screen, got rid of the 1X antenna, and went to a non removeable battery because I want the gorilla glass but the screen protector on the HTC fixes everything.