I can't convince my Droid to talk to my PC

lovelyhistorymom

Reaction score
This could well be an issue with my PC and I'm not denying that, but I doubt it. I have it plugged in with the data cable and my PC sees the device (although it calls it Removable Device:F.) But it won't let me transfer files to or from. My PC keeps telling me I need to insert a disk into RD:F. And there is one. My Droid understands that (I have a 16G Micro-SD). Available memory according to the phone is in the right range...

What am I doing wrong? I'm sure it's user error...but still...I hate when technology outsmarts me....which happens way more often then I should probably admit to.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you are telling the droid to usb mount, yes?

OP
lovelyhistorymom

lovelyhistorymom

Reaction score

Yes, of course.....

No. No, I don't know what that is. This is precisely hour 13 of owning it...so I haven't the foggiest idea what that means. Forgive my ignorance...could you explain?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Yes, of course.....

No. No, I don't know what that is. This is precisely hour 13 of owning it...so I haven't the foggiest idea what that means. Forgive my ignorance...could you explain?

Oh, sorry. Welcome to droid ownership!

On the top bar, pull down on it so the status window is open. Youll see something saying "connected to usb" or close to that. Tap on that, telling it to connect to usb. Then it should show up on your computer.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Pull down the notification bar, click on "usb connected" and then click "mount".

Erron beat me! Dangit.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Pull down the notification bar, click on "usb connected" and then click "mount".

Erron beat me! Dangit.

Your description was better than mine anyway. I forgot the exact words. I am ont he desire rom so they have an app that mounts. It's a bit diff.

OP
lovelyhistorymom

lovelyhistorymom

Reaction score
Oh the yay! Erron, Dylan, thanks much.

Lovelyhistorymom - 1 point ~ Droid - yeah, still kicking my arse...but I'll get there.

You guys rock!:icon_ banana:

B1-66er

Reaction score
I can't get it to work at all on mine, when I mount the card, it automatically unmounts a second later. I've just been taking the card out and putting in my PC whenever I wanna transfer stuff, its a huge pain, haha.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I can't get it to work at all on mine, when I mount the card, it automatically unmounts a second later. I've just been taking the card out and putting in my PC whenever I wanna transfer stuff, its a huge pain, haha.

Hm, thats def a driver prob. Youd prolly have to do a factory wipe to fix it. Or it could be an app. who knows.

I cant mount at all when my phone is on. If I wanna connect I have to go into recovery and mount it there. But this is my own fault.

dylanthecat

Reaction score

I would try a battery pull, and then maybe reload the drivers on the PC. Did you try it on a different PC?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Oh the yay! Erron, Dylan, thanks much.

Lovelyhistorymom - 1 point ~ Droid - yeah, still kicking my arse...but I'll get there.

You guys rock!:icon_ banana:

Just a note on this. Before you unplug your Droid you need to unmount it, same process as mounting. If you don't could cause you problems.