I can't believe I don't know the answer 2 this...

jbrock98

Reaction score
The pics/vids taken with the camera on my droid is stored in internal memory, in 5 months I hadn't realized this til I wanted 2 put some pics/vids I took on my computer, so how the heck can I copy them 2 my computer?

Sent from my Ultimate Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The pics/vids taken with the camera on my droid is stored in internal memory, in 5 months I hadn't realized this til I wanted 2 put some pics/vids I took on my computer, so how the heck can I copy them 2 my computer?

You mount the Droid to your computer and drag them.

anuraj1

Reaction score

Pictures and vids from your camera are in sdcard/dcim/camera. Just mount your sd card when you connect your phone thru usb, and navigate to that directory using your computer.

EDIT: spelling mistake

Last edited:
OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
Aight thanks didn't realize they were in that folder wow I'm so embarrassed lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

anuraj1

Reaction score
Aight thanks didn't realize they were in that folder wow I'm so embarrassed lol

No worries, I wouldn't have known either but I use a free program called DiskUsage that shows graphical representations of how much space certain folders take up on my Droid. The camera folder is taking up a huge amount of space on mine so it kind of stuck out haha.

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
How do ya'll organize ur media on ur sdcard? Pics,vids,music,ringtones...etc kinda seems like mine could be better organized seems like all my stuff is all over the place especially my music like the music app seperates some songs weird

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do ya'll organize ur media on ur sdcard? Pics,vids,music,ringtones...etc kinda seems like mine could be better organized

Get Astro from the Market. You can make folders and organize your stuff easily that way.

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
Get Astro from the Market. You can make folders and organize your stuff easily that way.

I have astro and root explorer, I feel like I don't have my media/files organized the best way

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have astro and root explorer, I feel like I don't have my media/files organized the best way

You can organize them within Astro. Create folders, put labels on them and put them is a section in Astro. That's how I do it anyway.

I don't know what else you may be looking for.

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score

You can organize them within Astro. Create folders, put labels on them and put them is a section in Astro. That's how I do it anyway.

Yeah lol..I'm asking Specifically how u organize your media/files just 2 see if ur doing something more efficiently than I am

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yeah lol..I'm asking Specifically how u organize your media/files just 2 see if ur doing something more efficiently than I am

lol…ok…I gotcha.

I use the method called..lets throw this one over here and hope I find it later….lol….Cats in one folder…..birds in another……birds and cats together in both but I should separate those. I don't do movies so that's not an issue. Friends in another. I think you get where I'm going. I could be more efficient but that would require more work and I'm rather lazy sometimes.;)

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
lol…ok…I gotcha.

I use the method called..lets throw this one over here and hope I find it later….lol….Cats in one folder…..birds in another……birds and cats together in both but I should separate those. I don't do movies so that's not an issue. Friends in another. I think you get where I'm going. I could be more efficient but that would require more work and I'm rather lazy sometimes.;)

LOL Yes that's how I am with freaking 30 picture albums 5 named download then I open up my music app and sometimes I dunno wats going on there I wanna do something bout it but then I tell myself ah I'll find it when I need it

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I put all my music into a "Music" folder
all my videos into a "Video" folder
all my ringtones into a "Ringtone" folder
I keep all my camera's pics and videos in their standard folder
Then I have pictures that I've downloaded (wallpaper, and icons, and such) into their own folder.

Fun fact: you can go into each of these folders, and add sub folders. The gallery will recognize the subfolders first, giving you a nice spread of data.

You could organize by date, for instance, or by type, whatever floats your boat.