1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I cannot use my Google voice number to make calls on my Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by RobertJudge, Mar 29, 2011.

1. RobertJudge

RobertJudge New Member

Until recently, when I placed a call using my Droid X, I was prompted and asked whether I wanted to place through the my Google voice number, or my regular Verizon Wireless number. That prompting has stopped. So, now I can only place a call using my Verizon Wireless number. But I want to go back to being able to place a call using my Google voice number.

The problem may have started after a did a recent Verizon software upgrade to solve a problem. How can I get back the ability to place calls from my Droid X using my Google voice number instead of my Verizon Wireless number?
  2. Ellectronico

Ellectronico Member

open google voice in your programs then go to "settings" then "make calls" and select "ask every time i make a call"

sometimes mine gets messed up as well and i have to reselect it
  3. RobertJudge

RobertJudge New Member

Dear Ellectronico:

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried that and it has not worked. I have tried all of these options within Google voice to see if that would force a change in the settings, but it has not.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Google Voice but that did not work either.

Do you have any other suggestions, please?

- Robert Judge
Search tags for this page

cannot call google voice number with android

how to make my galaxy note 2 ask each time i make a call to